Chapter 10

The Ex-executive of Shishitoren

"Togame, do you really think... That this would be a great idea?"
Ryo had her head lowered, asking Togame who's just sitting in front her. A coffee table separating the two apart.

Togame stared at the cup of tea in his hand.
"Most probably not... But even if it is... I wanna make Choji the top... I didn't want to leave him just because I don't agree with his idea. And if Choji gets to keep smiling... Nothing else matters."

".... Even if our members are getting kicked out in a huge number?"

"It's for another friend, for our leader, ain't it?" Togame sighed with a bitter smile hanging on his face.

....

"Choji, you promised that Togame and I'd do the jumper taking job ain't it?!"
Ryo yelled at Choji. Which seemed like it's the first time she's ever talked that loud to him.

"Ryo-chan, I've said before that I'm the free one now, right? I've got the rights to do so."

Tomiyama stripped away the jumper of a Shishitoren member who just came back from losing a fight against another gang. This action had successfully angered the girl.

"You, Choji! Are the god damn sun! As the sun, as the leader of Shishitoren! You had to stay beloved! We're doing this for your sake, what part of it do you not understand?!"

"H-Hey..." Togame was there, too. He wished he could calm Ryo down from this, but he didn't really know how. The positions in the gang aside, she has the every right to be angry at him at the moment.

Tomiyama's new thoughts of 'being free' and 'having fun' had already been a tie down to both her and Togame. And seeing this scene made her burst.

Tomiyama lowered his head, eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm the leader... I make the rules, I'm the freest here. If you want to order me around here, then win me in a fight, Ryo-chan."

"You...."

"Then you can be the leader, the free one."

....

"I lost to Ume-chan. Therefore, I'll leave Shishitoren. Take care of everyone for me."

The main door of the theatre opened out of all the sudden, making a loud bang that everyone's currently staring at the direction.

There stood a short silhouette of a person. The short one ran down the stairs, straight to the stage while everyone's still wondering who they are.

"Dumbass!!"
Until the person yelled, to make people finally realize that it was a girl.

"Ryo-chan?!" Tomiyama exclaimed with an unbelievable expression.
He's holding on to his jumpers, facing Umemiya, saying that he'd quit Shishitoren because he lost.

She jumped on to the stage, now standing beside him and Umemiya.

"Ryo-chan... It's my decision on this. Besides, it all started with me after all."

"You! An ignorant, ungrateful, stubborn brat!!" She held on to Tomiyama's shoulders when she yelled all that in his face, making him sweatdrop.

"E-Eh?"

"You're not quitting Shishitoren! I won't let you do that! Even if Umemiya accepted your jumper, I'll make him return it back to you!"

He was dumbfounded listening to her words. Then trialed his eyes to Umemiya, to see him smiling.

"Well, she said it. You're the one who put the team on the line in the first place. I never wanted that to begin with! And I don't want my team growing any bigger. All that hierarchy stuff's so stifling!" Umemiya said, making everyone stare at him, especially Sakura with his mouth hanging open. Just what is he thinking, saying stuff like this as a leader.