Chapter 8

Collision

Sasaki explained everything. On how he saw a shoplifter in town, chasing on him, not noticing that he entered Shishitoren's turf. Ended up getting chased down by them instead.

"I admire Bofurin, and got carried away. And ended up sparking a clash with Shishitoren. I'm.... So sorry!" He did a deep, deep bow in front of everyone at the table.

Ryo gave his back a slap, making him jump, looking at her with tears in his eyes.
"It's fine, man. Keep your head up. No need for a bow this deep now."

"I..."

"Sasaki." Umemiya called.

"How'd you...."

"Thanks." His sudden thanks made Sasaki confused . Who wouldn't be?

Umemiya gave him a smile. Maybe for comfort, though. Sasaki's been crying.
"You sparked a clash, sure. But that's because you're trying to protect the people in town, right? Then, you've got nothing to apologize for. As for the rest, leave it to your big bros here!"

The comfort did a good job stopping Sasaki's tears.
"So. How'd these guys saved you?"
But then Umemiya started being stupid again.

"Oh... Um... They kicked the guy off his feet..."

"Off his feet?!"

Everyone jolted, especially Sakura and Sugishita. Who knew what'll come to them? A scolding or perhaps a beating.

Umemiya laughed it out loud instead. He sure is a blockhead sometimes, being the leader of Furin.
"I bet those guys hated that! They're not great listeners, but still! I see, you kicked him off his feet?"

"I could've stopped them. But, oh well. It happened, so just leave em like that!" Ryo laughed it all away along with Umemiya's laughter.

"They did it while I was with them. I'm sorry..." Hiragi apologized, also holding in the stomach pain he's getting.

"Hiragi, you can't take responsibility for everything." Umemiya pouted.
"I'm the one who told you to keep an eye on them. Come on, you'll wreck your stomach again. Where's your Gaskun 10?"

Ryo pulled out the medicine box.
"He reached his daily recommended dosage. So I'm keeping it for him for today."

"Poor Hiragi."

"But the one who pushed things too far's definitely Sakura-san." Nirei turned to Sakura and complained.

"S-shut up! You don't have to say it out loud!"

"What, you picked a fight?" Umemiya had his eyes stuck to him, and asked in an interested tone.

Sakura stood up from his seat out of frustration.
"T-they said strength was everything, but they beat up on a weak guy, which is lame, so I...."
And so he only realized that he's being a bit too rushy when everyone's staring at him.
"So... I..."

"He spat everything out." Ryo was dumbfounded. How could a human being be as dumb as this, getting lit up that easily?

Umemiya stood up.
"I see."
Walking towards Sakura.

And patted his head...

"Mhm! Well said!"

"Huh?"

"I was thinking they've been pretty lame lately, myself! Sakura, I heard what you did on the main street. And you also saved Sasaki today. Thank you for protecting my family!"

Umemiya kept ruffling on Sakura's hair, making Sakura stared at him, didn't know how to react at all.
"I'm glad to have such reliable new little bro!"