Chapter 22

Suit Up

Because Bofurin might end up fighting Endo, the upperclassmen started training the first years. Mostly, Sakura's class. And that includes Tsugeura, Suo, Kiryu and Ryo.

The way they 'train' was rather special. The first years will be fighting against their senpai's in the sports stadium.

"Fighting with upperclassmen makes me excited! I can feel my muscles dancing!!" Tsugeura exclaimed loudly after finishing his fight with Enomoto.

Kiryu here, looked like he's dying from fighting Kusumi.
"I couldn't really say the same as you... It's so hot, and I'm soaked with sweat." He panted as he wiped off all the sweat dripping down from his head.

Suo couldn't really agree any much with his words, as he literally just fought Kaji.
"The rainy season's almost here. So I guess that's why it's humid." He doesn't look like he broke a sweat though....

Nirei got them sport drinks and barley tea with extra ice cubes ready. While they all turned to Sakura as he fought Hiragi like his life depended on it. He seemed quite pumped up since he's gonna be fighting Endo.

"Enough already, kid! How long are you gonna keep this up?!" Hiragi suddenly yelled at Sakura as he paused the fight between the two.

"What?! I can still keep going!"

"Take some rest and go drink water!"

Sakura's trying a little too hard this time... He's going to pass out of tiredness before he even gets to actually take on Endo for the real fight....

"Speaking of that, where's Ryo-san?" Suo asked, remembering that she's also taking part of this training.

"Oh, she's with Umemiya-san on the roof."
Nirei answered.

His sentence made Tsugeura, Suo and Kiryu's eyes widen.
"No way! She's fighting Umemiya?"

Kiryu had his hand on his chin, his sleeves covering up the lower half of his face.
"Poor Ryo-chan... She'd be so much more exhausted-looking after that fight with him."

Nirei sweatdropped at his sentence. He had nothing to say about Kiryu's statement. It's true, though Ryo always acted energetic, but her face just looks like she'd fall to the ground, sleeping any second.
"I really can't find any words to defend Ryo on that..."

On the other side...

The first years came checking out on the school's roof after finishing their own training with their senpai's. They wanted to give the two the barley tea that Nirei brought for them. What came before their eyes, was Ryo going in for a punch at Umemiya's jaw after making him stumble back.
Umemiya quickly repositioned himself, and dodged the attack of hers. He used the chance to send a kick to her ribs. Though dodging, it forced her to move back from him.

Everyone had their mouths hung in a wide ajar, seeing Ryo actually fighting their leader with their strength almost on par.

Nirei was the one most shocked one out of all the people. He didn't know Ryo makes moves like that at all.

"Let's call it a day for now." Umemiya was the first to say.

Ryo let out a sigh, wiping off the sweat dripping from her neck.
"Yeah."

Both Ryo and Umemiya went walking towards their friends, who still looked shocked at the scene they saw.
It was fast.
Their eyes couldn't keep up at all.

"Hi, hi~ Why are you guys here?" Umemiya waved to his juniors.

Nirei snapped out of his daze from just now, and gave the drink to him.
"A-ah! We finished training, and decided to come check out on you guys! Here's some barley tea."