🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Five : Promises Kept

PROMISES KEPT

PROMISES KEPT

Wednesday, May 21st, 1980.

Lisa and Jeongguk were in a committed relationship one month later.

Every day without fail, Lisa and Jeongguk made it a routine to check their mailbox, eagerly anticipating any sign of a letter from each other.

It became a treasured moment, a small but meaningful one that brightened their days despite their unpredictable schedules.

When a letter arrived, it was met with enthusiasm and eager anticipation.

The following month, Jeongguk was scheduled to begin his service on a ship, preparing for a nearly year-long deployment.

Today, Lisa took a day off, opting to spend it with Jeongguk at the beach.

Lisa looked radiant in a floral blue and white dress, complemented by slippers and her flowing brown hair tucked neatly under a hat.

Meanwhile, Jeongguk sported a relaxed look with a white collared shirt, a few buttons undone, paired with short blue jeans and slippers.

As they strolled along the beach, they could not resist the temptation to run and play in the sand, laughing as they chased each other and enjoyed the simple pleasures of the beach.

The warm breeze gently tousled their hair, and the sound of crashing waves provided a relaxing background noise to their day together.

Jeongguk could not help but be moved by the beauty of the moment and Lisa's presence by his side.

With a tender smile, he wrapped his arms around her from behind, pulling her close against his chest.

Lisa leaned back into his embrace, feeling the comforting warmth of his body against hers.

They walked together along the water's edge, their footsteps leaving imprints in the soft sand as they enjoyed each other's company.

"I enjoy moments like this," Jeongguk said, his voice full of affection. "Being with you and feeling the sand between our toes is perfect."

Lisa smiled, leaning back into his embrace. "Me too... I will remember these moments for the rest of my life."

Suddenly, Jeongguk's embrace tightened slightly, and he took a deep breath before speaking again. "Lisa."

Lisa hummed as she turned to face him. "What is it?"

Jeongguk hesitated for a moment before continuing. "I received my deployment orders. And... I will be leaving in ten days."

Lisa's heart sank at the news, but she tried to remain composed. "Ten days... That's not much time."

Jeongguk nodded, his expression sombre. "I know it's sudden, but I wanted to spend as much time with you as possible before I go."