Chapter Thirty-Five

------------------------------------------

Roseville, California

April 28th, 2016

-------------------------------------------

"You know what goes in hard and dry and comes out wet and soft?"

Taylor pants heavily, but her eyes flicker from the sidewalk beneath her to look at her girlfriend.

She regrets ever asking to come on the 5am, 8 mile run with her.

"Camila Jade there are children in this park!" Taylor whisper yells, taking in deep breaths in between her words.

Camila has barely broken a sweat and is breathing peacefully like she's asleep. But she had a good healthy breakfast this morning and an energy booster- oh, right. And, she's a fucking 2 time champion hockey player. She practically runs in her sleep.

She doesn't need to know Taylor would rather die than eat something with so many calories in it.

"Wow...such a dirty mind Lori." The brit replies with a soft chuckle, checking her watch to see how far they've gone from the house to the park a little bit away from that. 2 miles. "Gum. That's the answer by the way. Gum."

Taylor stops running to which Camila does the same, staring at her for a second before she bursts out laughing and flips her off. Fred, having been running a few feet behind them for safety, can't help but let out a small chuckle. "You have the humor of a teenage boy."

"I take that as a huge compliment actually."

The joke worked in distracting Taylor from the dizziness in her head, and before she even realizes, her breathing is back to normal and all that's left is her heart beating in her chest.

Danny's been with them for a few days, mostly just sleeping in the guest room and being a little jerk to Taylor.

She honestly doesn't understand what she did wrong. Maybe the NDA would seem a bit mean, but he has to understand she just can't take these risks like she would've when she was a kid like him.

But, even with the reasoning in her mind that he doesn't have a reason to hate her and he can keep being annoying if he wants, it hurts a bit when he purposefully leaves a room when she enters it.

"What's on your mind blondie?" Camila asks before chugging some water. She sits next to Taylor on the bench, remembering the rule the blonde made about keeping a foot distance in between them in public. It hurts a bit, but she'd never say that.

Taylor chuckles, stealing the water. "Oh I'm sure the things in my mind would scare you away forever. You know I'm crazy Ace? Absolutely mental according to the most recent tabloid."

Camila just shrugs, shaking her head as she says, "First of all, nothing could scare me away from you. You're stuck with me forever and ever Lori. And besides that, I either get depressed or manic when I feel emotions too strong so I think I may out crazy you. How about we just go crazy together?"

The blonde nods, legs stretched out on the park bench. "Forever."

She quite likes the idea. Just her, Camila, the kids, maybe Danny, sitting alone in a house and deemed the crazy ones in town. It wouldn't matter, because they know each other. People can call them whatever they want, through stuff at their windows and threaten them with asylums. Just as long as in the end they can go crazy together.

— – — – — – — – —

The first time she notices it is when they're walking into a gas station after a small interaction with an older fan in the park. She begged Camila to stop to look at the cat some kid inside the store is carrying around, and who is the french girl to deny her?