Prologue

Years ago on Swallow Falls In the Lockwood Residence...

"My name is Flint Lockwood. My whole life I always wanted to be a great inventor,"

A young Flint sat in his living room, shuffling closer to the TV excitedly as his favourite program came on.

"Just like my hero,"

The show 'The Wonderful World of Science' came on TV, being hosted by Chester V.

"The Scientifically Wonderful World of Science. With your host, Chester V,"

Chester V in the TV lowered a magazine with his face on it. "Welcome back, science friends. You know, I have devoted my life to inventing the future. But every dream has a beginning," he crossed his legs, sitting down on a table. "I still remember my first invention: 'The Humble Food Bar,'" he pulled out a picture of his younger self inventing the Humble Food Bar.

"Whoa!" Flint muttered in awe, eating the Food Bar XL.

"It was like Chester V was speaking directly to me using the language of science,"

"Now look at us. Our new Food Bar XL with flavour crystals. Still making people happy after all these years. Now, kids, you'll almost certainly never be me. But, remember, there's no such thing as small science. Only small scientists!" Chester V finished his speech, and children appeared behind him and they cheered, holding Food Bars.

"We love you, Chester V!" they cheered just as Barb dropped down into Chester's arms.

"Why Speaking of small scientists, say goodbye, Barb," Chester smiled.

"Goodbye, Barb," Barb repeated Chester's words, causing him to laugh.

Just then, Chester V's head appeared on TV, to say his catchphrase. "Yes,"

~~~~~~

"Just like Chester V, my dream was to make the world a better place,"

Flint showed the can of Spray-On Shoes to show his class. "Spray-On Shoes! Voila!" he showed, getting on the ground and spraying on them on his feet.

A younger Brent leaned further into his feet. "How are you gonna get them off, nerd?" he asked, causing everyone to laugh.

"Unfortunately, a lot of people didn't believe in me,"

~~~~~~

"But I never gave up. And eventually, I invented this:"

"A machine that could turn water into food," Flint muttered, pouring water into the FLDSMDFR

"Cheeseburger,"

~~~~~~

Flint lead Bella, Sam, and Manny over to his computer. "It's called the Flint Lockwood Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator. Or, for short: The FLDSMDFR,"

~~~~~~

"Because of my invention's food weather, I finally made the world a better place,"

"Yeah!" Earl cheered, hugging his wife at the island reopening.

~~~~~~

Bella took a bite of her burger, almost moaning at how good it tasted. "I love it!" she smiled, causing Flint to stare at her in awe.

"Or so I thought. When the weather evolved into a disaster of epic portions, and the machine started creating dangerous living food I had to face the truth: It was time to put an end to my FLDSMDFR,"