Chapter 6

(Warning: This chapter has a little bit of abuse and threats near the start, if you aren't comfortable with that, then skip the font change when it comes up)

~SAM P.O.V

The next morning came pretty quickly after what happened last night. Sleep was pretty alright, but not the best but it'll have to do considering where we are.

Getting my belongings together, I climbed down the tree to get to the bottom floor, hearing some squawks from some birds nearby.

Opening the front door, I spotted the Sentinels standing in front of me. "Dangerous food creatures detected. Stay put. We'll find and destroy them," one of them 'reassured' before they headed off.

After they left, I heard laughing behind me. I turned around to see Barry hanging onto my backpack. "Barry!" my eyes widened, taking him into my hands. "You can't be here,"

He just giggled in response, not understanding the gravity of the situation. Looking through the doorway, the Sentinels passed on the other side so I closed the door so they wouldn't see him.

Just then, Earl came down from above using a vine, along with holding Brent, Manny, and Steve. "You better hide him," Manny advised.

I was about to do so when Brent looked over my shoulder. "Bella?"

Turning around, I spotted Bella heading over to us but she looked incredibly pale and seemed to be lost in thought. "Hey, Bell? You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine... I'm just thinking about something..." she responded, stopping in front of me.

"Does it have anything to do with Tom?" I asked my suspicions, but it was pretty much confirmed when Bella looked away. "It is, what did he do?"

Bella's gaze snapped over to mine. "What, no! It's just..."

~~~~~~

~THIRD PERSON P.O.V

While Flint was checking over the machine one more time, Cyn wanted help getting back to ground level so Bella offered to help her.

"Here you go," Bella placed her back on the ground.

"Thank you, Bella. Light pat," Cyn patted Bella's leg in appreciation. "By the way, Tom wants to have a word with you over there,"

Bella froze slightly when Cyn pointed into the trees next to them. "R-Really? What does he want to talk to me about?"

"You'll find out when you get there. Better not keep him waiting," Cyn warned, her face screen glitching slightly.

"Alright..." Bella muttered, heading over to where the trees were. Weaving through the bushes, he found Tom standing in a small clearing inside the forest, but enclosed enough where no one would see them. "Tom?" she called, noticing that Tom had his back facing her.

"So... You think you're too good for me now?" he spoke, causing Bella to look confused.

"What?" she raised an eyebrow.

Tom finally turned to face her. "C'mere," he waved a finger toward him sternly.

Bella slowly approached him. "Tom, I- I don't understand--"

She was cut off when Tom backhanded her, sending her to the ground. You think you'll just walk away from me and I'll never find you again?! You're dead wrong, Bee!" Bella held her cheek, tears brimming in her eyes before she was grabbed and forced to her feet by Tom. "As a matter of fact, the only thing you're right about is that I've been a hypocrite, not recognizing your talent in inventing or how smart you are! And I'm going to use that!"