Chapter 8

(Warning: Threatened death... So... A warning for you, I guess. But it's in the second half of the chapter)

~THIRD PERSON P.O.V

In a stream near Pickle Village, a bunch of marshmallows flowed down the river. They kept close to a marshmallow-shaped human, whom they helped down the stream. Before the stream hit the ocean, they pivoted to a cheese shore edge.

A pickle came over, wondering what was going on. One of the marshmallows communicated with him, telling him what happened. The pickle nodded, turning around to whistle to his friends to help.

A few more came over and picked up the human-shaped object, carrying it over to Tim Lockwood, standing by the fire surrounded by the tribe of pickles, trying to calm them down with Sweet the Pickle in his arms.

After hearing footsteps behind him, Tim turned around and spotted the marshmallow-shaped human. Once the pickles placed the marshmallow-shaped human on the ground, the marshmallows came off the shape, revealing an alive Flint Lockwood underneath.

Tim's eyes widened under his uni-brow. "Flint!"

~FLINT P.O.V

I took a slow breath, coming awake after what happened. "I'm... Alive...? Or is this the afterlife?" I thought to myself, opening my eyes.

"Flint!" I heard my Dad's voice, confirming that I was still in the living world.

I looked up with my eyes barely open, spotting him close by with loads of pickles surrounding him. "Dad...?" I asked, my voice scratchy.

"What's happening, son? You look terrible," Dad walked over to me while a couple of pickles helped me sit up, fixing my hair to its normal style. "What's with all of them?"

After fixing my hair, I looked down and saw the majority of the marshmallow family surrounding me. "They saved my life... I can't believe it, after I helped take the machine, they still saved me,"

I sent them a small, but saddened smile, picking a couple of them up. "They saved my life," they smiled back, seemingly grateful that I was alive. After I nuzzled the top of their heads, I placed them back down on the ground. "I let Chester steal the machine and Tom, Bella's Ex, take her and now they're starting Operation Slice and Dice and Operation Solver,"

"Come on, son. You're really not making any sense," Dad replied, picking me up from my lab coat and helping me stand up.

"Look, Chester's gonna wipe out all the foodimals. And Tom's gonna go through with this... Host thing? Look, that part wasn't clear, but he's planning something bad. Probably just as bad, if not worse than Chester," I explained.

Dad's face dropped, looking down at the pickles surrounding his legs, who hugged them.

"My friends tried to tell me the foodimals were good and Sam tried to warn me about Tom, that he was going to do something bad, but I didn't listen. Everything I touch. just gets ruined," I muttered sadly, looking off to the side.

"N-woo!"

Opening my eyes when I heard a familiar voice, I looked down and spotted Barry, hugging the bottom of my leg. "Barry?" my voice uttered.

"N-woo!" Barry grinned, holding out his arms.

"Barry!" I smiled, picking him up and letting him hug my face. "I'm so sorry I misjudged you. I should have listened to Sam and Coco,"

Barry opened his eyes, waving his arms. "Saspa. S-S-Sam. Cora. C-C-Coco" he spoke up, leaping out of my hands and running off.

"What is it, Barry? What are you trying to say?" I asked, Dad and me following after him. Barry ran up to some of his friends, seemingly changing their appearances to bit.