Chapter 2

~BELLA P.O.V

After the ceremony, Flint and I slowly walked down the street, with Steve trailing behind us. I had my Thinkquanaut vest over my shoulder while my lab coat was back on.

Flint was leaning down as he walked, staring at the ground in defeat. I had tried to comfort him, but he had just ignored me so I let him have some space.

On the way home, we walked past a TV shop, where a bunch of TVs were playing a Weather Report. Flint walked past it without another word, but I paused, taking out my phone to call Sam.

I dialed her number, but it went to voice mail. "Hey Sam, it's Bella. I see you're live on TV with a tornado. Probably why you're not answering the phone," I chuckled slightly, but my frown deepened when the whole incident with Flint appeared on TV. I sighed. "I got my vest, but Flint didn't. He's taking it pretty hard, so meet us at Flint's place okay... Bye!"

Hanging up the phone, I looked over and saw Flint a good distance away with Steve close by. I put my phone away, quickly heading after them.

~~~~~~

~COCO P.O.V

I stood next to Chester and Cyn, the former holding a heart confetti piece that came out of Flint's invention, inspecting it with a mixed expression.

Behind me, we heard someone running toward us. "Bad news!" we heard Barb shout, causing us to turn around to face her. She stopped in front of us, showing us her screen. "Sir, we lost contact with Search Teams X and Y,"

"What?" Chester's eyes widened.

"Yeah! The situation is grim, sir. Still no sign of the FLDSMDFR," Barb typed away on her tablet.

"Turn around," Cyn spoke, turning to look up at Chester. "Should my partner and I send in Team Z?"

Chester narrowed his eyes at her. "Are you mad, Cyn? We'll be all out of alphabet. Look, we're running low on Thinkquanauts. We need someone expendable," he flicked away the confetti piece, to which he realized something. "Someone who knows the island inside and out. Someone who's smart, but still naive. Someone who idolizes me, has recently hit rock bottom and will now do just about anything I ask," Chester thought out loud, doing hand movements while looking over to the seating where colourful paint was still over certain sections of seats.

"Where are we gonna find someone so desperate?" Barb questioned.

Chester used his finger to turn her head toward the seats. "I think we already have," he smirked.

I looked between the three of them as they stared up at the seating. "I'll go make the call," I muttered.

~~~~~~

~BELLA P.O.V

After getting back into Flint and Mr. Lockwood's apartment, we made our way toward Flint's side of the room. I noticed Mr. Lockwood wasn't in the room.

He moved the curtain, which was how Flint and Mr. Lockwood kept their halves of the apartment separated. I closed it behind me, placing the vest on the desk away from his eye.

Flint groaned, flopping face-first onto his bed, face buried into his pillow. My face fell into a sad look, heading over and sat down on the bed beside him.

Lifting my hand, I ran my fingers through his hair to do my best to soothe him. At the moment, I didn't care about the paint that was getting on my hands, I just wanted Flint to feel better.

"Oh, Flint... It'll be alright..." I whispered to him, trying my best to cheer him up.

Steve jumped onto his back, eating away at the sprinkles and paint that were on Flint. "Sprinkles!" he started eating the sprinkles off of Flint, blowing out the candle that was Flint's head, but it lit up again a moment later. "Fire!"