Chapter 4

~BELLA P.O.V

Hiding behind a bush, Earl popped up to check if the coast was clear, his hands placed together to make a gun.

A moment later, the rest of us stuck our heads up to see if he saw anything. He jumped over the bush, 'sneakily' moving around to make sure no one saw him.

I mean, he did try but we could all see him.

Getting a good distance away, Earl motioned us to follow him, to which we did but stayed huddled together.

As we walked, we gazed around at how much the town changed. "Whoa. Look what's happened to our town," Flint muttered in disbelief, walking past what used to be the power station.

Earl rolled across the ground once more but he stopped, looking at something. "Look. There's my angel son Cal's old preschool," he muttered, looking at the playground.

Manny gasped, looking up at his old van that was hung up by vines. "My old van," he muttered, taking off his hat to pay respects.

We continued past some bushes and through town when Brent paused, pointing toward something. "Look! An old thing that I've never seen before!"

Doubling back, we looked over the clearly and spotted the Thinkquanaut base, completely destroyed and had cheese covered all over it. "That's where the Thinkquanauts were attacked by a Cheese-Spider," I explained in a hushed whisper.

Looking over it, the door was covered with multiple strings of cheese that looked similar to a spider web. "It's like a cheesy spider web, made of cheese. Let's get out of here!" Brent whimpered.

Sam shook her head, placing a hand on his arm.

"No, wait. What if there's a survivor in there?" Sam asked, motioning over to the building.

"Stand back, everybody," Earl flipped over and landed in front of the cheese web. "I'm gonna cut the cheese,"

He cut through the cheese, but it made a sound that sounded familiar to something gross. We all looked at him in disappointment, but Earl looked back at us. "Uh... That was the cheese," Earl opened the door, quickly making his way inside. "Hello? Anybody in here?"

After a few moments, Earl motioned us to follow him in, that it was safe. Flint, Steve (who was on my shoulder), Sam, Manny, and I headed in. But we froze in fear when we heard something fall behind us.

We looked back and spotted Brent on the ground. "Shh!" Earl shushed him.

"Sorry," Brent whispered apologetically, getting up and heading over to join us.

Suddenly, we heard a clutter coming further inside and we spotted a box fall onto the fall. "Ha!" Earl cried, frightening us in the process.

He did the gun motion with his hands, moving towards the box. Most of us did the same thing, except Steve and Manny, and moved towards it as well.

The box shook a couple of times as Earl circled it, checking it from all sides before he carefully opened it. Looking at what was inside, all we spotted was a giant strawberry.

Sam, Flint, and I stepped closer to the box as Earl took a step back. "Wow," Flint muttered in shock.

"That is the biggest strawberry I've ever seen in my life," I commented, placing a hand on my chest in disbelief.

Flint leaned down to look at it more closely while Brent scratched the top of his head/suit. "Is it heavy?" Brent asked as Flint picked up the strawberry.

"Yeah. But other than that it looks like a perfectly normal, fresh, delicious strawberry," Flint smiled, turning it around but the other side had eyes and a mouth.