Chapter 5

~BELLA P.O.V

We had been walking for about an hour now, and we were getting closer to Flint's lab. The forest had cleared up a bit and we could see we were in the part of Swallow Falls where the house residents are.

As we walked down the street, we could see a couple of the houses, different parts of them destroyed by the wildlife, and probably partly to blame for the food avalanche from the dam Earl told us about.

Along the way, Tom tried to talk to me a couple of times but the glares from both Flint and Sam stopped him from starting a conversation.

He seemed to have gotten the hint because he hadn't tried anything for a while.

But the three of us actually had some conversations with Cyn. After getting past the creepiness of her stares and the way she worded things, she was surprisingly pretty nice to talk to.

If anything annoyed her, she would make it very clear and we would move on from the topic. She even told us about her time back home.

She didn't live at L.I.V.E Corp most times, but she was actually a maid (or robot pet as she would be called) to a wealthy family called the Elliot's... Which explains the maid uniform.

Apparently, she was disposed of in a bump but the daughter of the Elliot's, Tessa, had found her in the dump, bringing her back to fix her up.

She also had three other droids, one that she considered close with. Big sister J, little sister V, and big brother N... At least, that's what she called them.

It was nice to hear about their family, it was clear that she loved them dearly... Except for Tessa's parents, she doesn't seem to like them that much.

But there was a sentence that had us get a chill down our spine when we first heard it. "You three are a lot better than most humans. Caring about me and my... Friends,"

Cyn didn't seem to bring it up afterwards, so we decided to leave the conversation at that.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when we heard Brent's grunting from behind us, trying to get on a pair of pants. After walking around practically naked for a while, Flint lent him a spare change of jeans and a shirt for him to borrow.

But he was still struggling to get them on. "Hey, thanks for loaning me these skinny jeans, Flint," Brent thanked us a moment later.

"Those aren't skinny jeans," we heard Earl mutter.

"Nope," Manny agreed.

"My feet are turning purple. Is that bad?" Brent questioned, but no one gave a response.

Suddenly, we heard rumbling in the distance, causing us to stop and look back to where we came from. "Uh-oh," Brent mumbled in fear.

Out of nowhere, a herd of bananas with legs that made the sound of Ostriches came running toward us. "Bananostrich! Ah!" Flint yelled in a panic before we all ran.

The Sentinels, Barb, Chester, Coco, and Tom moved out of the way while the rest of us ran in between the herd.

"Go, go, go! Come on, Brent!" Earl shouted, saving Brent and pulled him to the side, who had trouble running.

Manny rode on one long enough to get to a safe point and Sam managed to break free of the herd but me, Flint, Steve, and Cyn were still stuck in it.

"Banana! Banana! Banana!" Steve cried, jumping off Flint's shoulder to land on a Bananostrich, tackling it to the ground to probably eat it.

Flint managed to get to the side of the road but I wasn't so lucky. Cyn noticed it before I did. "Watch-!"

Cyn was cut off when I slammed face-first into something metal. I groaned in pain, falling to the ground. I had let go of Cyn so she had a rough landing too.