Chapter 3

~BELLA P.O.V

The two of us ran down the street, heading back to Flint's apartment so we could pack up our stuff. We used paying post to send us back into the apartment building.

~~~~~~~

"Freeing up schedule," Flint cleared up his calendar's first week of June.

"Packing inventions," I grabbed a few of Flint's inventions and tossed them into his backpack since I was helping him pack.

"Packing other stuff," Flint practically put everything in his room into his L.I.V.E Corp backpack.

"Forcing stuff into your L.I.V.E Corp backpack," I spoke, helping Flint zip it up. He put it on his back but he ended up falling back because of the weight.

"Recording cool outgoing message," Flint typed on his phone, holding it closer to Steve, who was sitting on his smaller-sized backpack.

"Steve,"

"Leaving note," Flint left a note on his sleeping father's head.

We quickly left the apartment, heading to mine and Sam's apartment. I rang the doorbell while Flint knocked rapidly on the door. "Sam! Sam, Sam, Sam! We got to tell you a secret! Sam!"

A few moments later, Sam opened the door, looking like she had just woken up, her face mask on, her hair was an absolute mess, and she was still wearing her weather pyjamas. "Bell...? Flint...?"

"Sam, big news. We're going back to Swallow Falls to destroy the FLDSMDFR, which is creating deadly food monsters, which are trying to learn to swim so they can attack Lady Liberty!" Flint explained, doing poses and actions to add to the explanation.

"Yep, which is why we need to go immediately," I nodded in confirmation. But it seemed like Sam was trying to stay awake the whole time. "Sam?" I asked her, waiting for her to respond.

"Wait, you're both doing it alone?" Sam questioned, completely confused.

"We'll, yeah, but please don't my Dad. If he finds out I'm going back to Swallow Falls, he's gonna wanna come too," Flint whispered.

"Well, I'm coming," she stated, causing our eyes to widen.

"What? No!" I cried with a shocked look on my face.

"Yeah, we promised Chester V we would go alone," Flint agreed, but Sam's sleepy-determined look still stayed on her face. Flint and I exchanged a look before we looked back at her. "There's no talking you out of this, is there?"

"Nope," Sam closed the door in our face.

"Wait! Sam, it's gonna be deadly dangerous with a good chance of death," I pointed out.

She opened the door slightly. "And that's why we'll need help. Now if you excuse me, I wanna get as much sleep as possible. Night!"

"Wait, Sam don't-"

I was cut off when she closed the door, locking it. "-Lock the door..." I muttered, face-palming.

"Don't you have a key to get in?" Flint asked.

"No. Because I didn't think we were heading back to L.I.V.E Corp earlier, so I didn't take it with me," I explained

"Oh..." Flint muttered, rubbing the side of his face.

"So... Can I crash at your place?" I hesitantly asked.

~~~~~~

I never knew this type of situation would happen, but here we are. With me lying on his bed in just my undershirt and shorts while Flint had let me sleep there, lying on the floor.