Chapter 3: The Story Starts Here

(And we have the next part! I am using my old story to rewrite this piece. I did change a lot of things now that we have more characters. I do wish we can get the African countries from the game to debut next. I feel like that would be the next best batch to see. That, and Mexico. Enjoy!)

                  "Do you know when we will depart?" Canada asked curiously.

"I'm not sure, but at least no one will steal from us. We can just relax until we have to leave!" America said in a relaxed tone as he laid on a comfy bed.

The king had offered them wonderful guest rooms for their duration of their stay. The two knights, Singapore and Malaysia had taken their plane to place it inside the castle walls and gave them the crates and other requested items. They were sharing a room, but it was big and had a grand bathroom. America had a joyful smile as he slept, but Canada wished he was still awake to speak with. They were just attacked by a trio of strangers! She sighed and held a fond smile at her twin and turned off the lights to let him sleep. She was a little restless, so she exited the room quietly to take a walk. She didn't pay attention and found herself bumping into Princess Vietnam.

"Ah! I'm so sorry, princess!" Canada said quickly with a bow of her head as she searched for any injury.

Vietnam reassured her calmly, "I am fine. It is alright, and please just call me Vietnam. Is your twin asleep?"

Dread filled Canada for many reasons. Reason 1: someone wanted to speak with her twin. Reason 2: what did her twin do this time? He already pissed off Mexico and Cuba. The last reason: she is the princess and if he did anything to anger her, they would be in so much trouble that she was sure their former caretakers, dad and papa, would definitely hear about it.

Realizing she needed to answer the princess, Canada apologized in disappointment, "Yes. He's tired, but he does wake up early. You'll be able to talk to him then, but if he did anything to insult or annoy you, I am so sorry. He's both the smartest and stupidest person alive"

Vietnam saw how distressed she was over her twin and replied calmly, "I understand the feeling. I have many younger siblings who do the same. Well, it is getting late. I will need my rest. Please enjoy your time here and excuse me"

With a gentle breeze, Vietnam took a bow and walked away. Canada wondered why she was interested in her twin until she let out a yawn herself and decided to retire to her room.

As for the princess, she marched to her room with many thoughts running through her mind. She knew China was up to something, but she didn't know what it was as well as Japan being more reserved than usual. To top it all off, the American she fought with is now at the palace for some reason! Why was this happening now of all times? A knock at her door shook her from her thoughts as Thailand and Macau entered her room.

"What did you find?" Vietnam asked seriously as she sat on her bed.

Macau handed her a few notepads written by hand from China as he said, "This is all I could find. Some of his notes, but I believe you're right. Our big brother is up to something"

Vietnam took the notepads and read as much as she could. There were scribbles of seven items, a spell of sorts written in sloppy writing that reminded her of Korea's, powerful beings that either reminded her of dragons and myths, and only one legible sentence.

Although I may not with you, I always watch over you. Nothing to fear for there will be others who will come as well. Our fates are bound and nothing to fear. Trust in those you met and work with them. I promise we will be together again, but only when everyone is here again.

She could feel the sadness and worry the message conveyed. She huffed before returning the notepads to Macau.

"Please figure out what this means. Something is coming, and I want us to be ready" she ordered with Macau only taking a bow and promising to find the answer.