Chapter 5: Think Carefully

(And this is where the story really takes off! I cannot wait to show the different relationships and teamwork the characters have with each other! It is definitely one of the highlights of Hetalia. I would love just a few action scenes from the show, but I doubt I will ever get that. Enjoy!)

          Hong Kong woke to feeling something wet on his forehead and smelling something of death. He blinked a couple of times and soon found himself face to face with Seychelles who was changing out the cloth. She jumped when he sat up abruptly.

"Oh! You're awake! Magnifique! S'il te plait! Wait here! I'll be back with my caretakers!" she expressed as he slowly nodded his head.

She placed the bowl down before running through the open door to then turning to the right. Hong Kong shook off the blanket and examined himself to see no injury. He wondered how he healed so quickly. He sniffed the air and smelled something on fire. He quietly followed after her and arrived an entrance to a kitchen to find a bunch of Westerns talking loudly amongst themselves!

France tried to take England's hands away from the stove while shouting, "Mon partenaire! Stop! That is sugar! Not salt!"

"Snog off, frog! I know how to cook!" England snapped as he roughly pushed France who knocked over Wales's drink.

Wales jumped before getting splashed, but Norn and Ireland weren't so lucky. Norn complained about getting splashed as Ireland looked ready to go over and pound France and his little brother. Scotland pushed Ireland back to his seat as Seychelles approached England, ready to inform him of Hong Kong's awakening.

Being as quick as he can, he tried to slip pass them and get to the door. He was going to find his older brother and their siblings to fix this mess. As he was close to reaching the handle, someone threw a dagger to pin his sleeve to the wooden walls of the room! He turned to see Scotland in a throwing stance with all their eyes on him.

England scoffed as he approached Hong Kong to pull the dagger out of his sleeves, "Well, France saved you, and you repay him by leaving without even a thank you or goodbye! How rude for you, prince! I shall teach you manners once you inform us of what transpired in the palace"

Realizing he wouldn't be able to leave so easily and would need help, Hong Kong sighed in defeat before sitting in front of everyone to explain what had happened.

"So!" Monaco asked she slammed her hand on the table while facing Macau, "What happened to you, Prince Macau?"

Romana was behind her to the right with her arms crossed as Luxembourg was on her left and holding a curious expression. Spain, Portugal, and Cameroon were standing to the side, completely unsure of how to interject nor how to help with this somewhat of a friendly integration.

"We should step in, right?" Cameroon asked as he glanced to the Iberian duo.

Spain was holding an unsure expression as Portugal only offered a shrug, but he kept an eye on Macau. Spain noticed the sharp gaze and knew it was far too easy for the prince to have recovered so quickly.

"Ah, well, I was staying at the palace when something caught fire" Macau answered in a friendly manner as he adjusted his glasses, "I left the palace quickly to avoid it and became separated from my siblings. I should find them. Please do excuse me and thank you for your hospitality"

As he stood to leave, he winced in pain at his side and nearly collapsed. Portugal quickly caught the prince and placed him back in his seat while supporting him.

"Criança" Portugal spoke, "You are among amigos e famíla. We will not hurt you, but we cannot help you if you do not tell us the truth of what happened in the palace, tudo bem?"