Chapter 6: The Threats of Capture

(I wanted to give the Nordics a chance to shine. I hope this worked. I recently went to Denmark and Norway. I enjoyed both countries! I think I like Norway more. I can see myself living there, but the winter is the only thing holding me back. Besides that, the Nordics are very iconic and deserve their moment to shine. Enjoy!)

               Macau found himself immersed in the vast city in Asiand, but he knew he would spend his time visiting his home another day. He needed to find a library first and fast.

"First time out of your home?" Monaco asked in a knowing tone, "Lucky. That means you didn't have to take any risky gambles for your life. My big brother and I did that way too often, but we never lost thanks to me"

He stared at her and his new friends that shared the same sentiment, but they weren't bothered by it.

"Ah, but that is what makes life worth living if ask me!" Spain said with pride "¿Qué es la vida sin las luchas aspasionadas?"

Romana replied in a huffed tone, "Con gli amici, amici idioti"

Spain only laughed with Portugal throwing his arms around Spain's shoulders and letting out a hearty cheer of agreement.

"Are you sure about that? Even when it came to Turkey and tomatoes?" Portugal teased as Spain nearly fell at that statement.

Macau was curious about their stories until Monaco sent him a wink to catch his attention.

"There" she spoke softly, "Now, you don't have to be afraid of us or telling us anything that is on your mind. We are human in the end, no matter what kind of cards we play"

This was a sentence that surprised the prince along with their group's behavior. It was different from staying in the palace and only reading and studying. In a way, he enjoyed this more. Learning to live life with others who are different than you isn't such a strange thing to have happen.

"Ah!" Portugal shouted as he pointed on ahead, "There it is! The grand library! That should have everything you need! What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

He and Spain ran on ahead with Romana scolding them as she followed. This left Macau and Monaco to follow, but Macau wasn't as stressed as he should be. If anything, he did feel a weight being lifted from his shoulders as he finally smiled and went with them.

"So, what should our plan be?" Korea mumbled as he paced around below deck with Norway, Greenland, and Iceland.

Iceland was cleaning his pistol, checking his magic bullets, and tending to the puffin that followed him around as Greenland secured his cloak and doubled checked his dagger. Norway was simply reading her tome that caught Korea's notice, but he decided to not comment on it for now. Denmark, Finland, and Sweden were on the deck of the ship, carrying their goods to and from the ship. It was best to hide the prince in case anyone was looking for him. Korea agreed with this, but that wouldn't stop him from trying to find a solution to this mess.

"You know, maybe we should change our plans?" Finland suggested as he went below deck to speak with them, "I don't think that would hurt"

Before Korea could give his input, he wasn't paying attention and tripped over a few large boxes! Finland let out a panicked scream before rushing to help the prince who was staring at the wooden crates he knocked over.

"What are these for?" Korea asked curiously as he sat up.

"Oh, the boxes? We use it to transport large goods. Why do you ask?" Finland answered and unsure if he was going to enjoy this plan of his when Korea held a mischievous grin as an idea formed in his mind.