Chapter 11: The Downfall Part 1: The Clash of Lightning and Fire

(Happy birthday to this wonderful, chaotic nonsense. In all seriousness, thank you, Hidekazu Himaruya. Most series last long by being serious and having continuous adventures, but I am glad to see Hetalia being the odd one out of this. It is stupidly funny, downright sad, reflective, and hopeful for the future with wonderful characters to tell the story. So, thank you! Enjoy!)

            Japan stayed with Germany as he sent Feliciana and Hungary to find either the Fire Tome of Europa or the prince's siblings. Japan and Germany wanted to find the group responsible for destroying the ships, even though Germany didn't want to bring the United Kingdom into trouble. He was grateful that they were able to save the sailors and keep the damages to the ships. In truth, Germany was thankful that they destroyed the ships to prevent that wicked darkness from spreading.

"Does anyone know who did this?!" Japan's quiet voice demanded as he snapped at the sailors.

They flinched and kept their distance from him in fear. Germany wished he could help his good friend, but he couldn't make sense of his behavior. He wouldn't leave his good friend, but he hoped his older brother was faring better than he was. He knew Prussia was up to something, and yet, he couldn't figure out what that would be.

Another part of him wanted to run with France since he was a good friend of his older brother. He had faith that since France is here, there would be a way to stop his friend. Though, England would everything difficult. He was always cautious and trying to find a solution that would benefit and keep those he cared about away from harm. Could they stop the prince?

"I believe one of them was Irish!" one shouted in fear as both turned to the sailor.

Germany was horrified as the prince approached the sailor in question.

"How did you know that?" Japan demanded as he stared down at the sailor, "I believe I asked a question. How do you know that about the attacker?"

The sailor kept his head low before answering, "There was a tavern. He worked there with a lady and a younger boy than him. They were serving the drinks and did something to it. We fell asleep after a while. That's all I know! I swear!"

Japan hummed before turning away from him and focusing on Germany.

"Do you have an idea of who that could be?" Japan asked seriously in a whisper before turning to see the sailors trembling in fear.

Before Germany could answer, another sailor spoke, "I believe they had a ship of their own and left on it. It was down the side of the sea"

He pointed down the sea as Germany's heart tightened. He hoped the U.K crew left quickly and kept their distance from them. They need to leave before they catch up to them!

"We make our way to them, then!" Japan ordered strongly, "We will not let them get away with this! I will make sure they pay for this!"

The sailors got to work with preparing ships and weapons to go after the U.K crew. Germany only watched them and decided to help before looking at his friend who was wavering in place. He reached out his hand to his friend, but Japan turned his back to him and went to order the rest of the sailors about. Deciding to remain silent and wait to speak with his friend, Germany turned the other way to focus on the tasks ahead.

Unbeknownst them, Romania and Chosǒn were looking through bushes in the distance with Bulgaria holding a sleeping Moldova. They observed the sailors quickly working and trying to go after the U.K crew with Germany and the prince directing them.

"Well, things have certainly taken an interesting turn to say the least" Romania commented with a shake of his head before creating a flame in his hands that directed him towards the U.K crew, "It appears that the crew is holding one of the tome's. We need to get to them before anything else happens"