Chapter 8: Items and Legends

(Gotta be honest, this is also the pride story as well. England and France are just the couple. Yes, I know Veneziano Italy and Germany are the couple, but I have to be honest, I forgot how much England and France are a couple. I don't know if this story will last as long as the Olympics, but we will see. Enjoy!)

              "Wow, this is a massive library you've got here" Portugal commented as he examined it with a grin.

The library was grand and held my records from all over the world. King China had made it a decree that whatever scrolls, books, and manuscripts a ship or plane brought was to be remade in the library and stored for safety. This way, knowledge would be stored and secured as well as taught to anyone who wished to learn.

The library has four floors and a basement as well as an antic of sorts. The basement and antic would be used to work on new information and record anything for it. As for the rest of the floors, those would hold the books and numerous studying tables for anyone to read and learn. King China expressed the importance of learning and bettering oneself.

Macau smiled at the library as he reflected on how his older brother would always order books for him and his other siblings to read and enjoy. Though, he did recall how Korea was bored of reading while Hong Kong would finish his reading for the day to try out his fireworks.

"I suppose if we are looking for a curse, then we should start with the second floor first" Portugal suggested as he and Spain read the directory closely before walking forward.

They climbed the stony steps to the second floor with Monaco walking with Macau as Luxembourg, Romana, and Cameroon were behind them. They arrived at the history and fantasy sections and began their search. Romana didn't enjoy reading, so she decided to keep watch with Cameroon standing with her and holding a curious expression. This was the opposite for Luxembourg who excitedly examined the books with a deep interest.

"We should start our search here" Macau decided as he picked off one book from the shelf, "I need to figure out what my older brother was thinking before everything happened"

Monaco went to another shelf to pick out a book to read herself with Luxembourg happily picking some books off the shelf and bringing a pile to the prince to read. Portugal gathered pens and papers for Macau and him to take notes with. Spain glanced at the bookshelves and books until a shadow caught his attention. He quietly followed the shadow and noticed the person went down the metal spiral staircase. Spain decided to remain calm and not give chase, so he returned to Romana and Cameroon.

"Escucha!" Spain whispered to them harshly, "I saw someone in the shadows. Be alert!"

They only nodded their heads at the Spaniard who nodded to Portugal who stared at them. He waited as Macau opened one book and began to read it. Monaco returned with a few books to Macau and helped him take notes on the books before them.

"How did you learn to do this?" Monaco asked as she saw how diligently Macau was working.

"I learned from my big brother" Macau said with pride as he adjusted his glasses, "He would always plan everything in detailed and taught me how to as well. He planned so long and thoroughly for my older sister's ceremony that he began to act strange a little bit. That's not even mentioning how different my big brother Japan is behaving too. I don't know why he was distant from us or decided to do this, but I will find the answer and save my family! That I am sure of!"

Monaco was impressed with his declaration and reflected on how she was sort of doing the same thing with her family. Although, England and France entrusted her with the care of their new student.

An idea formed in her mind as she suggested, "When this is all over, let's have our families meet! Once they're together, we can tell them how foolish they are for leaving us behind when we know what to do!"