20

Now

It wasn't too early to say the event was a success though it had not ended, there were signs that buttressed my notion. I could say with so much conviction the couple were having the time of their lives, enjoying each other's company and that of their loved ones. Activities and games lined up, were successfully completed down to the cutting of the cake.

What was left was the slow dance ceremony, to dance the night away as stated by the MC. Stepping out to hear the MC announce it after I had gone inside to get something done. My eyes searched around for the place I called home, the love of my life in order to spend some quality time with him. I had been up and about and we had barely talked or spent sometime together before I was engaged in one thing or the other, we were meeting and chatting with other persons. Now was the time I was actually free.

It didn't take long before I spotted him, a glass of champagne in hand smiling at someone I couldn't quite catch a glimpse of from this angle. Smiling, I moved closer, a strong desire to be in his arms coursed through me.

My heart dropped on seeing the person he was having a conversation with, feeling a pang of jealousy. It was new. I halted, there she was with one of her hands on my husband's shoulder laughing her heart out. I just knew it, that was definitely Jasmine. It wasn't that I had seen or knew what she looked like or I was familiar with everyone here to know she was the one. It was just instinct. The two still hadn't noticed me. They were having a conversation though I saw my husband's eyes wondering around the garden while trying to keep up with the conversation

She was a beautiful woman in her own way, despite having her face adorned with makeup. One would know. She looked sophisticated too. I felt intimidated by her, for the wrong reasons. She was beautiful, yes, I was a beautiful woman too complemented with a nice curves and I was his wife. It was absurd and so unfair to her to feel this way towards someone I hadn't even met let alone know. I just couldn't shake off the feeling that they had an history together and she was up to no good.

Was she here to wind up again in his life?

I shook my head vehemently. That was a long time ago.

What was wrong with me and feeling so insecure?

I was being childish. This was Christian I was talking about, even if she had an ulterior motive I was to trust my husband. Christian would never do anything to hurt me and that was all the conviction right there that I needed.

I nodded my head and made to move towards them when my husband's eyes caught mine. "There you are" I didn't miss how brightly his eyes and smile shone. I mirrored his energy, giving him a smile back as I walked towards them. He had his free arm around my waist instantly while I placed one of mine on his chest.

"I've been looking everywhere for you" He said

"Sorry, I had to help Natasha with something inside the house" Natasha, a beautiful Indian woman was his other brother's fiancee.

"Okay. Here" He said to her "Jasmine, meet my beautiful wife Dorathy, Dora, this is Jasmine"

"Nice to meet you" I stretched forth my hand for an handshake. I saw the look she gave me at first before masking it and taking my hand in hers for a quick handshake.

"Christian wouldn't stop talking my ears off about you" That was the first thing she said to me.

"Oh really. I hope I didn't disappoint?" I adorably looked at my husband who was already staring at me. He placed a kiss on top of my head. I relished in that.

"I must say he was right about you being beautiful and all but he needs to tone it down a bit" Sneaky I see. I sensed her smile wasn't genuine. She was just being nice to me because Christian was there. I had been in such a situations before with the devil himself. He was always so nice when other people were watching.