26

Then

"Hey beautiful, what ya doing?" I winced as Christian wrapped his arms around my waist, unknowingly brushing against one of my breasts. I felt sore there. It was even worse when I was about to have my period.

That had been on and off ever since I started taking the contraceptive pills. It had been three months now since we got married, the same amount of period I had been taking it. Though the side effects seemed to have lessened in severity, however, occasionally my breasts still felt sore, then there was the headache and the nausea.

My sudden feeling of discomfort didn't go unnoticed by my husband as he turned me around "What's wrong, baby?" His eyebrows furrowed in concern, hands still grabbing my waist. I rested half of my butt on the dresser, beside the contraceptive pills I just took a couple of minutes before.

"Just peachy. I just took my pills. Guess the side effects haven't let up still" I stated giving him a small smile, sliding my palm up and down his arms.

He sighed and rested his forward on mine, stroking my cheek softly "Baby, I told you to let me knock you up already, then you wouldn't have to go through this" He pulled back slightly and winked at me.

Pulling my forehead further away from his, I swatted at his chest "Don't say knock up" He grabbed my hand and placed kisses on the inside of my palm and knuckles bringing forth that sensation in me "besides whoever told you pregnancy doesn't come with its own challenges"

"Yeah I know right but it will be worth it knowing a mini version of you is on the way rather than having you eat this everyday" He gestured to the pill. "What do you say? You stop taking them and we get right to getting you pregnant or I could start using condoms" I shook my head.

Oh how more understanding could he get?

He placed a kiss on my neck this time. I wiggled free from his hold and sat on the bed.

Pregnancy. A baby. I didn't think I can.

Christian sat beside me "I don't think I'm ready for that Christian"

"I was just saying. Whenever you feel ready baby, I'll be here. We can wait. No pressure" He smiled at me and I tried to return it.

Will I ever be ready? And for how long will you be okay with that?

Was I capable of this responsibility even with Christian by my side?

Why does it feel like I would fail?

"Here, you know what, rest up, I will have breakfast ready for you. Is there anything you would like to eat?"

"I was just about to go and do that. Don't you have to go to work?"

"It's Saturday. I've got no appointments too"

Oh.

"You're stuck with me today."

"No gym?"

"Nope" He said popping the 'p' while tracing lines on my thigh with his middle finger. I tried to concentrate on something else but it was hard "Not going today. Did my workout at home while you were sleeping"

"Oh okay"

"Yeah. We will be doing a lot of idling." I grinned "Now tell me, what would you like to eat this morning?" He asked me again while working on the pillows behind me. He gently laid me down. "Go easy on me though. I can only cook so much" He chuckled

I smiled "You know what, just surprise me alright" Teasingly, I added "As long as you don't burn the house down"

He actually yelled "That was one time! One time! It wasn't my fault it got burnt just a mere minute I turned to check on a voicemail I had"