14.Jealous are you?

(Y'all I forgot to say but like pretend the girls have been here for like 3 or 2 days already)
3 PERSON POV

After leaving Newt told the noisy boys...and girl to go work but as Cara didn't have one he forced her into doing his job with him.

Cara sat with Chuck while Newt and Zart hit at a tree.Cara was quiet,deep in her thoughts,staring off at the boy and girl who sat at the look out tower.Cara didn't even noticed that Newt was calling her name until Chuck slapped her arm and she quickly wiped her head round to look at him.

"How dare you!" Cara said sarcastic trying to make the younger boy laugh,she was successful in her accomplishment.

"You done staring now?" Newt uttered, his eyebrows were raised,as a bored expression laid across his face.

"Huh?" Cara asked confused.

"I said are you done staring?"Newt voiced.

"I called your name 5 times how could you not hear me,were you to busy falling in love with Tommy boy over there?" Newt spoke jokingly.

"NO...I mean no I wasn't"Cara denied,however she could already feel the hotness spread across her face.

"You sure? You looked a tad jealous." Newt shrugs

"thanks for telling me"Cara sighs and puts her elbow on her leg and put her hand of her face,leaning on it.

"I'm just saying, It kinda seems like you're jealous." Newt puts his hands up in defence.

"It's just..something feels off about her"Cara looks to the tower again,her eyes narrowed.

"Jealous are you?" Newt asks with a smirk.

"Why would I be jealous? I've only been here a few days"Cara signs and folds her arms.

"That's not what I saw at the lake."Newt expressed.

Fuck!! what the actual fuck?!?

"You were spying on us!?" Cara whisper-yelled,her eyes wide from embarrassment.

"No,I was getting fertiliser and you so happened to be in my eye shot." Newt explained with his eyebrows raised.

"yeah well it doesn't matter anymore.looks like he's already changed his mind." Cara looks to the tower,her lips straight and bored eyes.

"No way,I saw how he looked at you and it was definitely love,ever heard of love at first sight?" Newt spoke while leaning against the post.

As Cara was about to speak,Thomas and the new girl had come into her eye shot,the pair were running to the med hut.Cara jumped up and ran after them followed by Newt.

—————————

The room was dim with a few lanterns lit in the corners since it was getting darker.

In the hut,Clint stood behind Jeff who stood on one side of Alby while newt and Cara stood next to Jeff and Teresa the new girl and Thomas stood opposite us.

Apparently the new girl known as Teresa had syringes of some sort in her pocket which had some type of blue liquid inside of it when she came up in the box however Cara didn't have anything in her pocket that she remembered.

Might of fallen out ? Who knows ?..

"We don't even know what this stuff is,We don't know who sent it or why it came up with you"Newt pointed towards Teresa " I mean for all we know this stuff could kill him" Newt inspected the syringe

"He's already dying,look at him" Thomas says while looking down at Alby with a sigh. "How could this make it any more worse than it is? Come on it's worth a try" Thomas begged as Alby began to cry out quietly in pain.

Newt and Alby had been best friends since,well as long as they remember,seeing Alby like this hurt him. He wanted to help him.

"All right, do it" Newt hands the syringe into Thomas's hand as Thomas nods.

Thomas leans over Alby as he places his hand on his shoulder for balance while the other hand was tightly wrapped around the syringe. He takes a quick breath and looks at everyone for one last confirmation,his eyes skimming over everyone and landing on Cara,locking eyes,before looking back at Alby who eyes were wide open.

"Whoaa!" Thomas yells out

Alby grabs Thomas by his collar "you shouldn't be here!" He repeats a few times while newt and cara try to get Alby to let go off Thomas.

"Get the other syringe! Quick!" Thomas yells out,Teresa grabs the other syringe and yells out and stabs it into alby's chest making him go unconscious.

They all stand back,breathing heavily.

"Well that worked"Jeff speaks.

"Okay from now on, someone stays with him around the clock,we don't need any other accidents happening" Newt explains and the silence is back.

Until Gally walks in
"Hey,sundown greenie and shorty,time to go"

They had forgotten about that since all of that happened.

Thomas nods and walks out of the room with Cara following slowly behind him until she runs to catch up to him.

—————————

Y'all I'm sorry I haven't posted,I've just been sooo lazy and I'm having a bunch of test cause they are end point assessments 😭 kill me rn
But yahhh this is short but it's gonna be good next chapter 😉 I promise

Byeee x