Chapter six

**********      sometimes, the heartbreak that comes with loving someone is worth it, even if loving that person means eventually saying goodbye to them

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
sometimes, the heartbreak that comes with loving someone is worth it, even if loving that person means eventually saying goodbye to them.
~Jennifer L. Armentrout
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Dallys pov:

"come back," I beg. The past year without her has been hell on earth. The day she left I picked up a bottle and haven't put it down since. Drugs and alcohol have become my new best friend, anything to try and numb the pain. She shakes her head "Dallas, you've moved on...you're engaged and..."

I cut her off, "You don't get it, I don't love her, man. I just, I don't know Rosie, I lost my mind when you left, I just needed something to take you off my mind."

'Damn, she's got me wrapped around her finger,' I think to myself, gazin' at Rosie's face. She's sittin' there, silent, but her eyes are screamin' a thousand words. I can see the hurt, the sadness, the exhaustion. Her skin's pale, her eyes are droopin', but she's still the most gorgeous thing I've ever laid eyes on. That dark hair, now shoulder-length, gives her a mysterious look, like she's got secrets hidden beneath that beautiful face.

I'm stuck, frozen in the depths of her beauty. I can't help but wonder how she can look so stunning even in the midst of all this chaos. My hand twitches, itchin' to reach out and touch that hair, caress her face, kiss away the pain. I want to hold her close, make her mine again, make her forget all the hell we've been through. But I know I can't, not yet, maybe not ever. She's got me trapped in her gaze, and I'm powerless to look away.

"I think you both need to sleep on this" Ryder says from behind her, and even though he's right, I want to punch him into the next state. Rosie's a looker, every guy in Tulsa wants her, I'm not sure how my dumb ass got so lucky to have her. Jealousy is a given, Sodapop was loyal enough to back off, but my own cousin, my flesh and blood, when I look at him, all I see is a snake. The slimmest, sneakiest snake.

From my place in the snow, I watch her get into the passenger side of her car and cry. I can't help but to do the same. My head drops in my hands and I sob. God do I look like a bitch, the most feared greaser around crying like a fuckin baby on my knees in the Curtis boys yard. This is what she does to me. Only she has the effect to bring me to this level. Ryders hand rests on my shoulder but I don't listen to anything he says, all I can think about is Rosie, and my baby. My baby. A baby. She was pregnant. She was pregnant and I didn't even fuckin know. She was pregnant and didn't feel like she could tell me. She was pregnant and scared and I've been here, getting drunk, high, fucking anythin in my sight, and proposin to the worst girl I know.
Why? Why? Why? Why?
Why am I like this?
What have I done?
She lost the baby, and had to grieve all by her self.
Why didn't she tell me?
HOW could she not tell me?
Ryder gets into the car, I watch as they drive away, leaving me sittin alone in the cold, dark silence.