Chapter 34

Cheyenne

"You tried to leave."

I didn't move after he decided to state the obvious, in a terrifying tone might I add.

He pulled me off the wall about two inches then slammed me back into it, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut even tighter, "You tried to leave," At that point, Markus didn't sound like himself at all, at least not that I had ever heard.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him, shocked to find eyes black once again, but with little strips glowing, and I mean actually glowing, a emerald green color. I've heard of people eyes changing color when they're mad but I had never seen anything like that before.

Well, it's not like he could get much more mad, so I had decided that I'd show him I did not want to be there.

I pulled my knees up to my torso, planted my feet on Markus's stomach, and kicked with all of my strength. He was pushed backwards, but I was taken with him due to his tight grip on my arms.

Markus' back hit the ground and his hands released my arms, causing me to roll over his head and end up couple feet from where he landed. He was up and grabbing me before I knew it, this time around my throat.

Markus pushed me up against the opposite wall from before, lifting me off the ground, causing me to lose some air flow. I could still breath, but it was hard.

My hands instantly went to his own, trying to remove it from my throat. I tried kicking him again, but he didn't budge. His eyes, which were slowly growing more green and less black, were just glaring at me.

His hand slowly started to squeeze, contracting around my neck, and soon enough I couldn't get any oxygen. I stopped moving in resistance, realizing it was useless, if he wanted to kill me, I would be dead.

Suddenly, I heard Markus' door being busted down and I was dropped to the floor. The pain in my legs was nothing compared to the pain of being able to breathe again. Each breath hurt my throat, my lungs, and my head.

My hands carefully touched my neck, causing only more pain to my injury. I leaned on one hand as the other rested at the base of my neck, feeling my heart beat rapidly. I knew tears were running down my face, but I could barely feel them.

I flinched away from a hand coming in contact with my shoulder. I turned around and pushed myself away from the person using my feet.

I forced words out, ignoring the pain that flared through my throat and chest, "D-don't touch me," my voice was very hoarse and raspy.

Both Markus and Antonio, who must have been the person that busted down the door, froze at the sound of me speaking. I used their pause to push myself as far away from them as possible. My back ended up being pressed against Markus' bed frame and, having no where else to go, I slid underneath the bed until I was pressing myself into the wall.

My breathing was still very heavy, and it got worse just staring at their feet. They didn't move for a bit, but when they did, they stepped in sync towards the bed.

I watched as both Markus and Antonio's feet stopped right next to where the frame of the bed ended, and I was soon listening to their voices.

"Cheyenne," Antonio's spoke first, "We aren't going to hurt you. It's okay to come out now," his face soon appeared and we were staring at each other.

His steady, even voice made me calm down slightly. He had a sincere look on his face that made me want to believe him, but I wasn't going to leave this spot until Markus was gone.

I had gotten my breathing somewhat under control until Markus' face appeared next to Antonio's. I felt my airways closing once more, as if he was strangling me all over again. I pushed and pushed against the wall, squeezing my eyes shut tightly, trying to put any more distance between us.

"Cheyenne, it's okay now. No one is going to hurt you," Antonio told me in a definite tone.

I'll believe that once I'm free.