4: What's Out There

*ERRRRR*

An alarm sounded with a yellow light flashing as the large front gate to U.A slowly began to grind open, heavy metal echoing within the walls of the primary containment area. Gathered around the opening gates were two groups of security all armed with rifles pointing at the entrance and two Janitor captains along with team members standing off to the side, prepared and ready for any sort of threat to come through. No threats or dangers would come through today however, as in the middle of the opening gates were two figures of women who slowly hobbled their way inside, one of them leaning against the other with an arm around the shoulders and the other carrying a duffel bag in their outside hand. Stepping into the broad daylight for everyone to see were Ms. Joke and Hado, the former leaning against the latter as she tiredly waved a hand that was lacking in energy.

"Hey everyone, long time no see." Ms. Joke greeted. "I would not come anywhere near us cause HOO! Hado stinks pretty badly. Or maybe it's me I can't exactly tell, ohhh Kuroiro's lucky he got to stay behind at the outpost."

"Pathfinder One." Stepping up to the two Pathfinders was a woman wearing a light red face mask along with white sterile gloves and a scanner in her right hand, a screen on her side of the scanner with a specialized barrel pointed to the former's chest. "We're glad to see you two return safely after your expedition. If you don't mind please let me conduct a quick scan to check for any signs of infection before I let you pass."

"Ughhhhh, doctor stuff. Come on Hado you heard the woman."

"Awohhhhh." Hado whined as she and Ms. Joke separated to stand as straight as they could, the woman pointing the barrel of her scanner into the latter's right eye and checking the retina. "I'm sooooo tireeeeed, I wanna go to bed."

"You'll get your chance to go to bed all day today once I'm done, just gimme one small moment here-"

*beep beep*

"No retina changes detected. Subjects passed."

"Great, no signs of any infections in your retinas. Whenever you get an opportunity please go see Recovery Girl for your after-expedition check-ups, you know the drill. Also, Ms. Joke, Overseer Kayama has asked for me to request that you report to her office whenever you can, preferably as soon as possible. Welcome back to U.A you two."

"Whooooo." Ms. Joke lazily thrusted her fists up into the air and 'cheered', U.A's gates commencing to shut behind them as her hands tiredly flopped down to her side. "Three cheers for all of that work and no pizza party, yayyyyy."

"HOLY, SHIT." From their right the two women turned to see Miruko standing away with ears pinched and fingers clamped over her nose, Burnin Midoriya and Tokoyami standing beside the Rabbit and unbothered by the Pathfinders' odor. Then again, none of them had a sensitive nose like Miruko did. "You two need to hit the showers E-FUCKING-MMEDIATELY. A skunk wearing a shit stuffed diaper smells better than you."

"Sorry." Hado apologized. "We had to take some odd hiding places while we were out there, wasn't in our plan to hide in dumpsters with road bandits all around us but we kinda had no choice."

"Not that I'm complaining." Burnin said. "Stinky odor or not it's good to see you two come back safely, now we don't have to worry about making more graves along with the other one."

Ms. Joke quirked at the last words. "One?"

"Yesterday in our defense, Rin was unfortunately Tagged and we had to give him a merciful end to his suffering." Tokoyami explained. "There was no other way."