𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬

|𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐒|

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆: Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine

"YOU'RE KIDDING?" I shouted as Stefan stood by my door, after just informing me that Vicki was now staying in this house, "SHE IS A NEW VAMPIRE AND IM HUMAN! SHE'll EAT ME!"

"No she won't." Stefan said, shaking his head, "Damon, Kaiden and me are all going to help her to gain control."

"Oh because Damon and Kaiden are definitely the best option for that." I scoffed as I tied my hair back to finish off getting ready, "Just do not let her get all vampire with me, alright? I'm already living with three of them."

Once I got ready, I made my way into Stefan's room and sat at the end of his bed, Stefan sitting on a chair, Damon sat next to me, Kaiden stood by the window and Vicki sat on the desk.

"I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here." Vicki began, throwing her head back in annoyance, "Why can't I go home?"

"Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you want to do alone." Stefan shrugged.

Damon flicked through the paper and sighed loudly, "There's nothing about that Logan guy me and Kaiden killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up."

I took the small object from Damon's hand which was the same one he had picked up off the floor when Stefan had been shot. I looked closer and saw that it was an antique compass, well, it sure looked like one.

"What is that?" Vicki asked.

"This is a very special, very old compass." Damon said, snatching it back from me and looking from Stefan to Kaiden, "What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?"

"Well, if you're so worried that somebody's onto you, leave town." Stefan suggested, me and him exchanging a brief smirk.

"We should all be worried." Damon replied.

"All?" I asked, furrowing my brows, "Oh, honey, no. I'm not a blood-sucking maniac."

"Hey?" Vicki said, interrupting Damon who was about to flick my ear and saving me from screaming at him, "I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?"

Stefan stood up and grabbed a small cup from his desk and handed it to Vicki, "Here. It's what you're craving."

Kaiden scoffed and walked over from the window, taking a seat next to me, "Don't lie to the poor girl. It's so not what you're craving but it'll do in a pinch. Right, Stef?"

"What is it?" Vicki chirped, smelling the liquid.

"Yeah!" Damon added, "What is it? Is it skunk? St. Bernard? Bambi? She's new. She needs people blood. She can't sustain on that stuff."

"Yeah?" Vicki scoffed, looking at Stefan in disgust, "Why can't I have people blood?"

"Because it's wrong to prey on innocent people, Vicki." I said, standing up and walking over to her.

"You don't have to kill someone to feed," Damon shrugged, "just find someone tasty to feed on and then erase their memory. It's so easy."

I rolled my eyes and walked back to the bed, flopping down on it dramatically.

"Theres no guarantee that you can control yourself, okay?" Stefan said, leaning in closely, "It takes years to learn that. You could easily kill somebody and then you have to carry that with you for the rest of your life, which, if I haven't made clear, is eternity!"

"Take a breath, Jesus Stefan." I said, propping myself up on my elbows and seeing Stefan's cheeks flushed a hot pink.

"Don't listen to him." Kaiden said, waving his hand in the air, "He walks on a moral plane way out of our eye-line. I say snatch, eat, erase."