𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

|𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑|
Song; Girl by SYML

Kaiden and I sat in the living room, talking about the whole situation to make sure we understood what was going on.

"Is that what he does?" I asked, staring at my eldest brother, "Damon, I mean. Is this how he acts when he's grieving, angry? Sometimes I think I know but then remember I missed over one hundred years of his life, I don't know him."

Kaiden leant back and nodded, "He lashes out, pushes people away, shuts down on everyone. He's done it ever since he thought he lost you. And now, he thought Katherine was in that tomb but she wasn't. He spent all his life planning on getting her back, only to find out that she doesn't care."

"And you?" I asked, tilting my head at him and watching as he tensed up at the mention of himself, "You loved her too, Kaiden. It must've hurt, you haven't spoken about it."

"I told you." Kaiden said, standing up and beginning to walk out of the room, "I wasn't trying to save her for me, it was for Damon."

"Liar." I said, pausing him in his tracks, "Just because you're the older brother doesn't mean that you don't deserve happiness. A part of you was hoping that Katherine would be in that tomb and she would choose you. It's okay to feel that way, Kaiden."

Kaiden let out a deep sigh before leaving the room but this time not pausing.

Damon suddenly entered the room and looked around in caution, completely ignoring my presence and walking over to the end of the room, staring into the dining room.

"Rossana." He said, finally acknowledging me and smiling, "You need to leave."

I scoffed and folded my arms across my chest, "This is my house too, Damon, don't forget that."

"Or you could stay," Damon shrugged, "I've compelled some more sorority girls to come over. Be a bit weird if you were here-"

I could tell by his face that he was lying but either way, I didn't want to be in the house alone with him, "I'm going, I'm going."

I left the house and decided to go to the Mystic Grill, taking a seat on the bar and ordering myself a cup of coffee.

I was sat there for about ten minutes before my silence was interrupted by Kelly Donovan who took a seat on the stool next to me and ordered herself a drink.

"I saw you at the fundraiser." she said, leaning in and smiling at me, "You were with my son's new girlfriend. He'll get bored of her, she's just as fake as her mother and he'll realise that soon enough-"

"Listen, Kelly Donovan, I don't have any desire to talk to you or listen to you, especially when you're insulting Caroline Forbes or her family."

Kelly scoffed and leaned back, "You're her friend?"

"No." I said, shaking my head, "But, I don't allow people to talk bad about her, especially not some middle-aged wine-soaked cougar who's likely reliving her high school cheerleading days and desperately clinging to the illusion of her faded youth by sleeping with any man she can get her grubby little hands on."

Suddenly, I was picked up off my stool and placed on the one beside me whilst my brother, Damon, took a seat on my previous stool.

"Why in good God's name are you wearing sunglasses?" I asked, staring at him as he sighed and rubbed his eyes under a pair of expensive sunglasses that he probably just compelled a civilian to give him.

"No questions." Damon groaned, "My eyes are a bit sensitive today." He took the sunglasses off and hooked them on his t-shirt.

"You're new around here." Kelly Donovan said, proving my point just seconds after I had made it.