𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

|𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋|
Song; bury a friend by Billie Eilish

This morning I was rushed out of my bed, shaken awake by Kaiden who threw some slippers at me and told me to be downstairs urgently.

I jumped up, put my slippers on and rushed down the stairs where I met Stefan who was also running into the drawing room. As I walked in, I saw Caroline sat down on the sofa, accepting a glass of blood from Kaiden with a scared look on her face.

"What happened?" I shouted, me and Stefan both sprinting towards Caroline.

"I saw Katherine today." Caroline said after taking a deep breath, "At the Grill. I just stopped by to just gawk and quasi-stalk Matt."

"Caroline!" I shouted in annoyance, flopping down into the chair opposite her and shaking my head.

"I know!" Caroline groaned, shaking her head, "I walked in and he asked me if I needed a table and I said the most stupid excuse ever and said I needed to use the bathroom!"

"Are you serious?" I scoffed, "that's the most stupid thing ever! How would you have been able to talk to him if you were faking using the bathroom!"

"Can we stay on track here?" Damon groaned, rolling his eyes at me as I distracted Caroline.

"And then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm doofus. Then, she appeared behind me and tried to act like Elena. I played along until I tried to run out but she obviously stopped me and then she said she has a message."

"What was the message?" Stefan asked.

"She said to tell you, Rosanna, Damon and Kaiden that she wants the moonstone or she will rip the town apart until it rains blood."

"Tell them the rest of it." Kaiden said, then continuing to drink the remaining of one of our bourbon glasses.

"She said she wants it tonight. . . at the masquerade ball." Caroline said, nodding as I opened my mouth in disbelief.

"She wants to do it in public." Stefan said, beginning to pace up and down, "Killing Mason threw her off guard."

"She's running scared." Kaiden scoffed, taking a seat on the sofa, "What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks."

"We can't underestimate her, Kaiden." I said, "We have to play this smarter. Play her game but play it better."

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she will leave?" Caroline asked, squinting at me in confusion when I looked offended that she had even suggested that.

"No!" Damon said, "Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm going to go to the masquerade ball, and I'm gonna kill her. Tonight."

Stefan walked towards Damon and folded his arms across his chest, "No, you're not going to kill her."

"Oh, don't give us that goody-goody crap!" Kaiden shouted, standing up and looking down on Stefan.

"Neither of you are going to kill her." Stefan repeated, "Because I'm going to kill her."

Hearing those words coming out of Stefan's mouth made me extremely happy and have faith that maybe Katherine's control over my brothers was finally coming to an end and that she had gone too far for their forgiveness. God knows she had gone to far for my forgiveness.

"Stefan, ring Bonnie, Damon get Alaric down here and Kaiden go and fetch us some more bourbon since you want to empty our stock. I'm going to get ready for the day and prepare our plan to kill the bitch." I said, getting up and walking out of the room.