Dear God

Summary: Mike And Mrs Wheeler Have A Heart-To-Heart

a/n: I said in the tags it was going to be a happy ending I think but I might change my mind. I'm an enthusiast for Mike Wheeler crying more, and having genuine emotions in general.

Word Count: 543

I ran in the rain, and maybe I was crying. Maybe I was laughing. Maybe I didn't know anything at all anymore and I was having a mental breakdown.

I obviously couldn't go back to the Byers-Hoppers, my malfunctioning brain got me that far, so I ran home.

I opened the door, dripping on my mother's floors. I was so cold and tired and wet.

"Nancy? Is that you?" My mom calls as she enters from the kitchen. "Mike?"

Thank God it was my mother. I'm not sure what I would've done if it was my dad or Holly or Nancy. Thank God my mom didn't ask any further questions, just took in my state and hugged me. I was probably getting her clothes all damp. I couldn't pull away though. I needed to be grounded, because I didn't feel real anymore.

After a while, my mom ushered me into the kitchen to get me something hot to drink. Then she brought down a towel and a hoodie for me to wear.

When I had stopped shivering so much, and I was more coherent, my mom sat down beside me at the kitchen table.

"Michael. What happened, honey?"

"I-I don't know."

My mom looked at me with something like concern/exasperation/helplessness. "Did something happen with Jane?" (It's never actually addressed how the Wheeler's know El, and what they know her as, so I'm saying Jane).

"No. I guess... she, um, kind of broke up with me I guess. Or wanted to take a break but I don't- I d-don't really think I'm in love with her." I was going to start crying again. "S-something happened with Will and- I don't know what to do mom."

"Oh, baby." She gave me another hug.

"Mom?"

"What is it?"

"I-," Can't. I can't tell her. Not now and maybe not ever, but definitely not now. "I'm sorry." I'm like a broken record.

"Oh, Michael, you don't have anything to be sorry for. Anything, you hear me? I know- I know that you might feel scared and hurt and so many different things at your age. And you might feel alone, but Mike you're not. You're not. I love you so much, and I'm so sorry if you ever felt like you couldn't talk to me or I would listen because I will always be here for you. Always. Because I'm you're mother and as your mother, I don't care who you are, I will love you regardless. Mike, I need you to listen okay?" My mom was crying now too. "I don't want you to feel scared to be yourself, because I know in my heart you are a wonderful, kind, caring, loving boy who protects his friends, and who cares about other people so much that sometimes, you forget to care about yourself. You should never ever hide that, okay? Ever."

"Okay." I sniffed, and we hugged again for maybe the hundredth time but it felt nice. I didn't have to think so much any more. Not now.