Forget Her

Summary: Mike Called Will

a/n: again, this one's iffy but what can you do? inspired by that one scene where dustin's like;

 'I told you Joyce got this new telemarketer job and she's always on the phone. Mike won't stop whining about it'. 

This is obviously about Will because Mike and El communicated through letters and walkies because of the government. Will said that Mike 'called maybe a couple times' but the theory is he actually called a bunch, there was just a busy signal.

Word Count: 255

2,220 phone calls. That's roughly 6 calls a day for 185 days. That's how many times I called Will. 2,216 of those phone calls had busy signals because of Joyce's job. 4 of them were calls to Will that went through. 3 lasted ten minutes each. One of them lasted twenty minutes, when Joyce answered the phone instead of Will and tried for ten minutes to sell Mike encyclopaedias before realising who he was.

Roughly all of the calls went like this.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Will?"

"Oh, hey Mike."

"How are you?"

"I'm good, I guess. How are you? How's Hawkins?"

"It's great. Dustin and I are dominating at D&D, and Lucas plays basketball now which I guess is cool-,"

"Yeah, El told me."

"She did? How is she?"

"Okay, I guess."

"Do you guys get along okay?"

"Yeah, of course. Well, we fight sometimes-"

"Cool."

"Yeah, cool."

There's an uncomfortable silence.

"Well, I should probably go. I'll call you later though?"

"Yeah okay. Bye."

"Bye-," The phone clicks on Mike's end. He was always disappointed the calls were short and awkward but he never stopped calling. Never.