No Surprises

Summary: Will And Mike Reconcile

a/n: Another time skip. Not by much though, maybe a day or a few hours. I might try write an actual plot for this eventually when I get the time but for now, it's more of a tied-in one shots manner. 

Jancy parallel and I Am Not Okay With This nod for no reason. 

Word Count:  561

We were finally back at the Byers-Hoppers. It was far from over, but we had a night of respite at least.

It felt good to shower. Ridiculously good.

Everyone was going to be residing together in the Byers-Hoppers so there needed to be some room assignment. El, Max, Robin and Nancy were all going to be together in El's room. Steve, Dustin and Jonathan were going to be in Jonathan's room. Lucas and Erica were sharing the guest since they were siblings. It was just me and Will in his room.

"Hey." This was the first time we'd spoken in two days, since the kiss. Holy shit, the kiss.

"Hey."

I took my place on the floor.

"Do you mind if we leave the lights on?" Will asked. "It's been a scary couple days."

"Tell me about it. I don't mind."

Will smiles, which feels genuinely rewarding and eases some of the tension.

There's a bout of silence.

"Hey Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind coming up here?"

"Uh-O-okay." I get up, trying not to move too quickly as to seem eager or too slowly as to seem reluctant. Then I lay down beside Will, not sure if I should go under the covers or not. Will is lying on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"Do you think- do you think we're going to win?" He sounds so small.

"Yeah, of course. That creep doesn't stand a chance."

Will attempts at a laugh. It sounds more like a whimper.

"Will, it'll be fine. I promise."

"You can't promise that Mike."

"I know. I can believe it though. And I do. We're going to get through this. We're going to win."

"Okay." It's not very convincing.

I turn on my side too look at Will. He stubbornly does not turn around, so I tentatively take his hand which rests on his chest. Then he looks, surprise plain on his face.

"We're going to win."

Will smiles slightly, still distracted by the hand being held by mine. His hand is cold so I keep holding it.

"Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad that you're here." I'm not sure what he means, but it's nice to hear anyway.

"I'm glad I'm here too. With you."

Will smiles again, his eye lashes fluttering slowly when he blinks, signifying his exhaustion.

I can't help it, not with a vivid memory of how his lips feel on mine.

I lean over and kiss him, and this time it isn't a little butterfly kiss. It's an end-of-the-world kiss because maybe this is the last time I'll ever get to kiss him.

Will doesn't pull away. Carefully, he brings his hand up to my face and leans in, kissing back. It's like nothing else.

The kiss deepens, and his hand slides up my hair, running through it. I take a breath in his mouth and kiss more fervently.

Eventually we both stop for breath.

"Will," I said it like a beginning, but I don't say anything else.

"Mike."

"Will."

"Mike." Will smiles. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Will." I like saying his name. I've missed saying his name.

We both fall asleep together, smiling.