Not within protocol

The 501st army followed behind Pong Krell. Their opinion of the new standing General continued to drop. "Quicken that pace battalion! This isn't some training course on Kamino!"

Chief could feel Cortana's eye twitch with every word heard from him.

Next to him were Rex and his right hand, Fives. "The uh new General has a way with words."

"He's just trying to keep us on schedule." Rex said.

"By rasing everyone's ire?"

Rex sighed, "Look he's in charge now and we have a job to do. Just treat him with respect and we'll all get along fine."

"Maybe he'll find out how to get his head out of his ass." Cortana mumbled to herself.

Chief was the only one hearing her, "Play nice. I rather not piss him off." He said before his attention was moved to two creatures flying in.

Fives pointed at them, "Do you see that?" They were coming right for them.

Rex grabbed his blasters, "Ready your weapons!" He ordered, everyone following his actions. A full second passed before everyone started firing. The creatures dodging and spinning around the bolts. Only one fell from Chief's battle rifle. One made it through and picked up a clone, flying back up and away.

The clone screamed as the clones hesitated on their shots. Then Pong Krell jumped into the air and used the nearby trees to throw himself on top of the flying creature before forcing it to let go of the clone and brining it down to the ground. He quickly took out both of his duel lightsabers and stabbed it into the creature. He sighed and looked around at the men. The once kidnapped clone being helped by his brother. "Anyone else want to stop and play with the animals!" He yelled bitterly. After a pregnant silence and starring, he continued walking ahead. "Didn't think so. Now keep moving!"

Everyone looked at eachother for a few seconds, processing the just past event. Even the super AI needed a second to process everything. "You know I'm starting to think he doesn't like us."

"Not the first." Chief mumbled. He remembers a few officers that didn't like him. Antonio Silva was one of them he remembers not so fondly. Though even then, he still followed orders to the letter.

His friend sighed. "Don't remind me. It only took saving humanity a few times until every Helljumper truly trusted you."

He wondered how many in the UNSC didn't like Spartans. Probably not a lot. What about the insurgents that were scattered? Many of them especially hated Spartans. Then there were the billions of civilians that loved Spartans. Not a single one knowing how they were made. Almost no one knew how they were made. The news of that would not be taken lightly. ONI would cock up some story or cover up for anyone that finds out. Then again just about everything they do is either classified or covered up or-

"Chief!"

The Spartan twitched and snapped his attention to Fives who has tried to get his attention for the moment. "Yes?"

"You doing alright in there? You look... well I can never really tell." He said. "I can usually tell how everyone is doing even with a helmet but it's hard with you."

"That's common." He said simply. "My team usually knew what we were all thinking just by seeing eachother, but we had our own way of talking quietly." He said showing him a few signs.

Hardcase watched nearby. He extended his finger and thumb out and placed it to his face before starring at his brother.

"Hardcase what are you doing?"

"I'm smiling. Can't you tell?" He said with a small chuckle.

The clone hummed and did the same thing but looked at the symbol. "It kinda does look like a smile."