Chapter 21 - Secrets Revealed

Amaris POV

Present Day

While I have the analysis running on the blood and urine samples, I log on to the Stone Mountain Kingdom, Northern Territories Healers' Portal. It was developed about a year ago, and most of the packs use it. I don't think I have ever seen Dr. Gibson or any of his staff online, but I can still access it from the web.

After logging in, I go to the message board.

Amaris (Sunlight Shimmer Pack) online: Everyone, I have a patient who presented with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and he passed out this morning. This was after drinking a tea made for him by another party. After ingesting the tea, the above symptoms presented. His wolf became weakened and unresponsive. These are just early symptoms, I don't know yet how it will progress as the day goes on. Has anyone had experience with these same symptoms?

Dr. Bridgit (Little Silver Creek Pack) online: Does the tea have a magic smell to it?

Amaris (Sunlight Shimmer Pack) online: I don't know. The patient had already ingested the tea. I was only able to get blood and urine samples from him.

Dr. Bridgit (Little Silver Creek Pack) online: We have had issues with a tea made by a  hybrid witch/wolf who used it in the interference of a mate bond. I'll send over my findings of the analysis of the tea, but this one reeked of magic. I have also completed extensive research, this past week, on the use of magic and substances that interfere with the mate bond or cause the wolf to become unresponsive. I don't know if this is the case there, but there are rudimentary concoctions that simply use wolfsbane. You should check for traces of that, as well as silver. I'll send you what I have.

Amaris (Sunlight Shimmer Pack) online:  Definitely used in the interference of the mate bond.  Thanks. I appreciate the information and look forward to your findings.

Dr. Bridgit (Little Silver Creek Pack) online: You are most welcome. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact me by cell.

After logging off, I turn to find a she-wolf wearing black tactical clothes and leather gloves standing in the doorway. "Alpha sent me to guard you." She stated. "I'm enforcer Gemma."

"Great. I am running some highly sensitive tests." I point to the whirling and ticking machines on the counter. "I just need you to watch my back while I complete my work."

"Will do." she says.

I pull the laptop stand up and begin leafing through the records I have been forwarded by Dr. Bridgit. About five minutes in and Gemma states, "It looks like you have a patient. Are you seeing patients?" She points behind her.

There, standing in the doorway is Jeni. "Uh. Yeah. I'm seeing patients." I look to Jeni, "How can I help you?" I motion her to step up to the table.

Sitting at the edge of the table, Jeni glances at Gemma. "Do I get some privacy, you know, hippa law and such."

"Sorry, hippa law applies to humans." I state. "Alpha has ordered that our clinic is under lockdown today and he is the ultimate law here. Therefore, if you need privacy, I suggest you try tomorrow. The clinic should be back to normal operating procedures then."

"No. I need to be seen today."

"Very well then." I turn to the laptop. "What's your full name?"

"Jeni Quinn."

I begin typing her name in and get an error message. "Have you been seen here before?"

"Uh. Yes."

"Odd. There seems to be a glitch on your file. I may have to pull your paper file." Jeni's face brightens up. I turn to her. "But I can do that after you leave." Her face falls. For being such an actor, she is barely concealing herself right now. But then, I am on to her shenanigans. "Why do you need seen today?" I continue to work on bringing her file up, when I see the problem. Someone tried to delete part of it and it is hung up. A few more keystrokes and the previously deleted records reappear.