Adult Life

He was about 35 minutes late, he was embarrassed about being late to work in the kitchen, he did what he had to and was told that they won't dock anything off for generosity. He heavily appreciated it, but he didn't know it would be a common excuse later on.

He worked an average 9-5, cooking pizzas for hours and growing hungry because of it. He had some meat lovers for lunch, and closed up the kitchen when done for the day. He decided to take a break from the average stuff and test out the sudden spider abilities he had received from the bite.

He dressed more comfortably, mostly just a white hoodie and sweatpants, before rolling up his sleeves a bit. He was outside at the top of his apartment building, alone, staring out at the amount of people walking on the sidewalk compared to the empty alleys. He approached the ledge of the apartment building, his arms resting on the railing. He looked around him before quickly flicking his wrist, causing that webbing-like substance to shoot out and land on the other building, tugging and feeling how strong the hold really was. His heart started to race, his brain jumping to multiple ideas at once. He really could make webbing and with how strong it felt, walk along it as well if he wanted to attempt it. He climbed up onto the railing, eyeing the other building. He built up all the tension in his legs, before jumping off the ledge in an attempt to hop from one building to the other, this was probably the most dumbest thing he's ever done. He felt a sharp pain, grunting as he felt the bricks of the building dig into his abdomen, sliding back and falling alongside the brick wall of the other building. The wind from falling canceled out any other noises he was hearing, but it was like his body acted on his own. A strong tingly sensation overwhelmed his body, his arms acting on their own and his fingernails practically shoved themselves out into sharp claw-like fingers. His regular-colored nails seemingly faded into a dark black color, they almost looked like hawk talons. They stabbed into the brick, showing himself down drastically. He panted, not even comprehending what happened. He was latched onto the wall, scared to move. His heartbeat rattled in his head, stressing out as he was almost ten feet in the air. He had no choice but to climb up, he lifted up one of his hands out of the wall, gravity weighing him down harder without another anchor, and he reached up higher than the other, his claws finding the right holes in the brick to hang off of. He repeated the process, slowly climbing up the wall until he was on the other building. He lifted himself over the railing, grunting upon hitting the concrete. He quickly sat up, staring at his claws slowly turn back to his normal fingers. He grimaced at the numbness that resided after a second, turning around his hands and looking at his palms. He didn't know what he could do with this, but he knew that he couldn't tell anyone about it.

He had some ideas, but they were kind of dumb, childish maybe. He gave into the idea, he had an ability others didn't, and he could do something he's always wanted, help people, the environment.. It was already something he was good at, helping afford rent and groceries for his father, research more about biology and use his revolutionary abilities for good. He was just taking it to another level. The urge, the hunger.. to make the world a better place. He began to brainstorm.

Spider-man? Man-Spider? Nah.. Spider-Man sounded better. He stayed silent about this, but as to mask his appearance to keep his identity safe.. He just wore that white hoodie with a black facemask, gloves needed to hide his prints.. Shorts with black gym-leggings underneath to help mask his identity more. The black and white basketball shoes were necessary due to his heightened senses to keep moving without slipping on the field.

He'd keep at it for a few weeks, stopping crime.. saving others from assaults and burning buildings.. until he realized that the suit needed something better, more lightweight and sleek without any bagginess. He had to get something done, and quickly.

That's when he decided to make his own custom-made suit, saving up money from work that he's managed to scrounge up, he managed to create a white, red and black suit, some.. interesting design choices for sure, but it definitely leaned more into what he wanted to look like with the name.. Spider-man. He kept the new suit, even after his highschool graduation.