Unstable Recovery

Harry sighed, kicking his feet underneath his desk as he hung up on his boss, he managed to take a week off after a bit of convincing. He didn't know what to do or how to get the organism out of Alejandro, but while he had this week off he knew he had to be near him as much as possible. He held both hands against his head, staring down at the white desk he sat at. His fingers lightly scratched his scalp, knowing it was now time for a shower.

He headed to his bedroom's bathroom for a quick wash up in the shower, cleaning himself and drying himself off once he was finished. He dressed in standard sleep clothes, a white shirt and gray sweatpants, walking out of his bathroom and prepared to lay down for the night. It was extremely late, and he knew it wasn't the best to stay up till.. Harry looked at the clock on his nightstand, and groaned at seeing the time. It was 4:30 AM, and Harry just threw himself onto his bed, climbing underneath the covers while rubbing his tired eyes.

He managed to sleep for a little, but hearing a sudden thud in his own apartment woke him up. Harry slowly sat up from his bed, feeling groggy and exhausted, but his fear now kept him awake. He slowly crawled out of bed, approaching his bedroom door, and quietly turned the handle. The door slowly opened without a creak, Harry's head steadily peeking out from behind it. He heard slight shuffling, unsure of what he was hearing, Harry opened the door more to check on what exactly broke into his home.

He stepped into the hallway, quietly walking into his living room. He saw a black figure sink into the floor behind his couch, jumping at hearing a sudden hiss with a light ting sound after something hit the floor. Harry's heart was beating out of his chest, standing still as the black figure locked eyes with Harry. He saw black ripples on its body, with occasional orange strands of gunk lashing about. Harry couldn't believe what he was seeing, he watched the unstable goo-like creature slowly shrink and reabsorb back into Alejandro's body. 

The organism itself brought him here, and that was frightening. Harry quickly walked to Alejandro and sat on the floor next to his body, seeing the suit's screens were still not lit. That worried him, but he was more worried about Alejandro's health. He looked at a golden glistening object on the floor that was reflecting the moon's light from the window. Harry reached for it and picked it up, noticing it was a shattered bullet. The organism forced the bullet out of Alejandro's body, and as he looked back at Alejandro's face, the black mask slowly melted back into his neck, unmasking Alejandro. He was still out, breathing shallowly, but out. Harry dropped the bullet to the side, moving his hands to turn and look at Alejandro's face for any injuries. He had some pretty red spots on his neck and cheek, most likely punched there. Though he watched the same rapid healing process the organism did earlier, the red spots faded into bruises, but then the bruises faded into normal colored skin. 

Harry shook his head in disbelief, he was unsure if the alien had conscious thought because why else would it bring Alejandro here? The proof was too strong to be a coincidence. It healed him, sure, but he hasn't noticed any negative side effects yet, maybe this was good for him. Alejandro stirred, the feeling of warm hands on his face made him feel something. He groaned tiredly, slightly moving. Harry instinctually let go of his head, hearing it thud against his carpet. He hissed, immediately apologizing for dropping his head. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't think you were—" Harry said, holding his head again. Alejandro whined weakly, his hands felt heavy, but he moved them both to cover his face. "Harry..? Where.. am I?" Alejandro asked weakly, and Harry looked to the open window, answering him. "You're.. in my apartment. Do you know how you got here..?" Harry asked him, and Alejandro shook his head. "Your apartment..?" He said, sitting upwards. Harry let go of his head as he moved up, trying to give him space. "Did.. you go spider mode again?" Harry asked, and Alejandro shook his head. "Surprisingly.. No, I.. I was home. Someone shot me and beat the hell out of me—Wait, my dad!" Alejandro recalled the past hour, trying to stand up but despite the alien's healing, he felt soreness and could barely stay on his legs without stumbling. 

"What happened?" Harry asked, following along with him as he tried to keep him standing, but he eventually sat him down on his couch. "He's dead, Harry.. He.. killed him." Alejandro muttered in horror, realizing the gravity of his sentence. Harry's eyebrows furrowed, shaking his head in disbelief. "What? W-Who?" He asked, sitting down next to Alejandro. He watched Alejandro's body, seeing how tight his fists were held in his lap. Alejandro breathed heavily, "Some.. monster. Black Tarantula." Alejandro grumbled, feeling that anger boil inside of him again as he vividly recalled the events. "T-That's who..?" Harry asked, not properly finishing his sentence. 

Alejandro nodded, taking in deep breaths as his throat felt sore from trying to hold back his tears. "You're the only one I have left, Harry.. My mom's been dead ever since I was a kid, My grandparents are who knows where.. my own parents cut them off, I.." Alejandro vented, but he didn't know what to do. Harry stared at him, deciding to physically approach for once and embrace his side. Alejandro leaned into his hug, his head leaning on top of Harry's, which Harry wasn't expecting. He stayed silent, with an occasional 'it'll be okay'. Alejandro moved a hand to wipe away at his incoming tears, he didn't sob, but he had occasional sniffles. 

He moved his arm to hold Harry back, grinding his teeth together. Harry sighed, he said little to nothing as he didn't know the feeling and what he was going through. He didn't want to make it worse, and he knew losing a parent is one of the hardest things a person could go through. "I'll.. I'll help you in any way I can." Harry told him quietly, gently rubbing his shoulder blade. "Can you.. Can you just keep an eye on me tonight?" Alejandro asked. "I don't trust myself right now, I'm scared I'm gonna do something stupid." Alejandro sighed, pulling away and leaning into the couch cushions. "Y-Yeah, of course." Harry told him, sighing as he leaned tiredly against the armrest of the couch. Alejandro sighed tiredly, resting his head on the back cushion. He stared at the ceiling for a moment, before his eventual boredness and sadness made him fall asleep once again. Harry was even out before Alejandro, his body lying along the couch with his head on the armrest as if it was a pillow.