The Worst of it

Alejandro walked into his room, sighing after an exhausting day of work. His body was somewhat sore, but he didn't really mind. He sat his backpack down, throwing himself onto his bed. He just needed a moment of shuteye. He adjusted his position for a moment, pushing off his shoes with his heels while reaching for a radio on his nightstand. He adjusted the volume, turning it from mute to somewhat quiet. He listened to some voices come in through, directing officers to certain stations and areas.. nothing really out of the norm. He got comfortable until it was time to go do Spider-man stuff. Maybe a nap wouldn't hurt.

He rested his eyes for a while, his closed eyelids twitching somewhat. He felt.. somewhat anxious. He groaned tiredly, but his phone ringing caught his attention. With his lack of friends, he knew who this was. He reached into his pocket, his eyes opening to see an unknown number calling him. He answered it, and held it to his ear. "..Hello?" He spoke tiredly.

"Hey, this is.. Alejandro, right?" Harry spoke aloud, setting his phone on speaker so he could focus on what he was doing.

"Yeah, you got it." Alejandro responded, "What's the occasion?" He heard Harry typing something.

"Well..." Harry spoke, glancing at his phone as if it was Alejandro himself. "I've looked into your sample, and.. is.. are you in the middle of something?" Harry asked suddenly, hearing some shuffling and a quick movement.

"I'm still here. Suiting up for something." Alejandro spoke, quickly getting out of bed and reaching into his bag after placing his phone on his shoulder, using it to hold his phone to his ear. "I'm gonna put in an earbud so I can do this easier." He said, popping in a headphone into his ear and pulled out his suit. "I uh.. got a radio that can receive police signals. You can keep going."

"Oh. Makes sense, um.. Basically, let's just call them your powers, they are reactive to you on a scale, let's say." Harry said, reviewing his notes he typed. He sat at his personal desk at home, doing this as a side project. He tapped his foot in nervousness.

Alejandro pulled his mask over his face, quickly moving to his window and pushing it up. He jumped out the window and began to swing, listening to Harry. "On a scale?" He said loudly over the sound of the wind hitting his face as he used his webbing like a vine.

"Yeah, so.. the more you use them, you get stronger. If you don't use them that much, the spider DNA is more.. contained. So, in other words, the less you use them, the less 'spider' you are. More human, I guess. It's hard to explain.." Harry said, holding his chin as he crossed his leg over the other.

"Nah, I get it. Less 'spider' though? Does that mean that if I use them too much, I'll literally uh.. t-turn into one?" Alejandro laughed slightly, though it was partially due to the concept of it. It was unbelievable, he trusted Harry's judgment, but this sounded insane. He heard Harry sigh.

"We just have to wait and see. I'd personally avoid letting this happen, I don't know if you'll be okay or not afterwards. You reverted back after that first time, right?" Harry responded, leaning back into his chair. He rubbed the side of his face, somewhat stressed about the situation. He had a slight feeling Alejandro wasn't taking him seriously.

"Yeah, I mean.. I didn't have three sets of arms or anything. I had black fangs, I was a little uh.. hairier, and those orange tinted eyes. That's about it, honestly." He spoke, looking below him as he swung around, pulling himself through the air with his webs as he headed to the block where he heard the commotion from the radio. "I felt fine, I wasn't hurting or anything, I mean.. It looked like I grew an extra foot but I know I didn't. I was just a bit top heavy or something." He laughed slightly.

Harry hummed, reaching over to the few sheets of paper that the machine printed out of Alejandro's sample. He looked at the annotations he made on the side, sighing at the implications. Before he said anything though, he heard a sudden thud from Alejandro's side.