The Surprise (2/2)

Alejandro sighed, knowing he'd have to destroy his phone to avoid connections afterwards, but he couldn't just leave Aleksei there for someone to find. He sloppily swung home, landing on his apartment building's wall, and pushed open the window once he made it to his balcony. He crawled inside, looking at his damaged suit. He had to go see Harry, he didn't know how to fix this. This was more than just sewing it back together. And his childhood friend's blood on his hands was not a good look, it made him feel like shit. He didn't know how to deal with this. He pulled off his mask, firmly holding the damaged thing, and stared at it for a moment while breathing heavily. He closed his eyes, his hair somewhat getting in his face. He really needed to cut it, but he didn't want to think about cutting anything right now. He pulled out his phone one last time, quickly calling Harry. He waited 20 seconds, pacing around his room. He was desperate for an answer.

"Hey, uh, I think I can call on the job. I'm working overtime right now.. What's up?" Harry said into his phone after digging through his bag to find it. "I need to drop by right now. I got in a fight with that uh.. Rhino guy. I'm pretty battered and my suits all messed up. I.. I know it's day one of the new suit, but I just want to talk to you.. It's been a rough night." Alejandro told him, his voice tired and shaky. Harry could hear it. He turned around in his office chair, looking around. "Uh, yeah. You can drop in, I can give you clearance. I'll teach you how to fix it and stuff. You okay?" Harry asked, resting his phone on his shoulder and holding it in place while he stood up from his desk. "N..Not really. I can't talk about it on the phone." Alejandro said, sighing. "Uh, yeah. Okay.. I'll see you here." Harry told him, and Alejandro could tell that he was slightly worried through his tone.

Alejandro slipped on his mask, and both hands grabbed one side of the phone. He used his strength to give the phone an easy snap. He sighed heavily at his situation. Why did he do this? He kind of wished he wasn't Spider-man anymore. He tossed the halves of his phone into the trash can nearby his desk, and he approached his window again. He webbed his backpack and his clothes he wore earlier to each other and slung the bag to his shoulder. He crawled out of the window, flexing his arm to web off the side of his building to swing in the direction of NSRC.

His swings were sloppy, his body was getting more and more exhausted overtime. He was nearly going 60 miles an hour with the speed, it didn't matter how fancy it was, but it was good enough. He landed on the glass walls of the large building, he didn't even realize the pads of his fingers on his suit had a sticky material to help stick to flatter surfaces. He slowly crawled up the building, scaling it up until he got to the roof. He saw one guard out here, standing near the rails and staring out at the night sky. His lenses expressed slight annoyance, as he had to stealth. He slowly and quietly crawled up and past the rails furthest from them, and he quietly approached the door. He kept an eye on them while his hand slowly turned the handle, thankfully with no noise coming from the door, and he slowly stepped inside, closing the door behind him as quietly as he could. He quickly jumped over the railing, and fell down the spiral staircase, trying to find a restroom as soon as possible to change. He landed like a cat on his feet, looking around before sprinting off in a direction that avoided cameras as much as possible.

He managed to find a restroom, he quickly slipped into a stall and got changed. He clipped on his ID onto his lab coat and tried to fix his hair as much as he could. He walked to an elevator, pressed his floor's button, and waited to meet up with Harry. He felt a little light headed, but it was probably just stress.

He managed to walk his way to his office without getting stopped by security, and he knocked on the walls of his and Harry's cubicle to catch his attention. Harry quickly turned around, seeing a beat up Alejandro standing in their doorway. "Hey..— Yeesh." Harry hissed at seeing him. "I know.." Alejandro muttered, stumbling to sit in his chair. "You should go to a hospital.. Wait— Are you bleeding?" Harry said, though he noticed a red splotch starting to fade through his shoulder on his lab coat. Alejandro hummed, holding his head for a moment. "Oh.. Yeah. I got stabbed, I think." Alejandro chuckled weakly. Harry glanced to his desk, looking at the project he was assigned to. He stared at the rat in the cage, hesitant to take his eyes off of it. Though, hearing the word stabbed caused him to look in his direction in worry. "Stabbed?!" He asked, looking at the first aid box on the wall. "Keep an eye on this rat.." Harry told him, standing up and he quickly went to unhook the first aid off the wall. Alejandro looked at the mammal in the cage, his eyebrows furrowed. "Why's the cage look like that..?" Alejandro mumbled tiredly, laughing slightly. "It's not a gorilla.. It doesn't need bars that thick." He added, but Harry walking directly to him caught his attention. "You've probably lost a lot of blood if you're acting like this.." He said to him worriedly, taking off his coat for him. "Sit up a little." Alejandro raised an eyebrow, sitting upright and leaning forwards. Harry grabbed the ends of Alejandro's shirt, carefully pulling it up and taking it off for him. Alejandro chuckled weakly, "Didn't even have to take me out for dinner first.. I don't mind." He muttered nonsense, his head slumping to the side somewhat. Harry flushed at his statement, sighing as he knew he most likely didn't mean it. He tried to not think about it, and he opened up the kit. He looked over Alejandro's shoulder, seeing the puncture did go all the way through. He was astounded as to how he was even walking, yet alone swinging. He looked at his wound, inspecting it as much as he could. Alejandro did what he was told, and he stared at the rat. The rat stared back. It didn't move, and it didn't even blink. Harry was stressed, so he just tried to stitch up Alejandro as much as he could so he could continue to get back to work. Alejandro's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, seeing a black mass with orange splotches slowly emit from the rodent, he was so stunned that he couldn't get words out. "Harry.." Alejandro muttered quietly, but Harry didn't hear because of how much he was in the zone. The mass slid through the grating in the cage, inching its way to Alejandro slowly. "Harry..? You're working on the alien thing, right?" Alejandro asked tiredly, and Harry stayed silent, he glanced around the office. "..N..No. I don't know what you're talking about." He told Alejandro, having to lie. Harry looked at a specific corner, and Alejandro tilted his head slightly. "T-Then.. what is that..?" Alejandro asked. Harry snapped his head in the direction of the rat, seeing it unconscious but also seeing the literal alien he was studying crawl to Alejandro. He physically jumped, "W-What?!" He shouted, looking around to see if he could safely contain it with anything. Though, it was already too late. It physically jumped onto Alejandro's chest, slowly sinking into his skin as if he was absorbing it.