Chapter 21 Afterward

Y/n sat on the curb, hands between her thighs. There were at least 6 cop cars, at least 2 of them were detectives. The cars flashing lights caught the attention of her nosy neighbors.

"Mam, if you don't mind me asking. What was your relationship with the victim?" One of the deputies approached Y/n, notebook in hand.

Y/n slowly turned her head up towards the cop. "I already told you that was my fucking dad!" She snapped.

"Mam, I understand that you're in distress but you have to understand that everyone is a suspect and you were the one to find the body." The cop said.

Y/n just stared at the forest, not bothering to glance in the direction of who was speaking to her, instead glanced at the owl's and squirrel's that were looking in her direction.

Y/n felt as though there were thousands of eye staring at her, not just from her neighbors.

She finally stood up, walking closer to her house. She ducked under the caution tape and headed up the stairs and to the crime scene.

The room contained 3 officers who were taking samples, putting handheld items covered in blood in bags, and taking pictures of the blood splattered across the wall.

"Mam-" a female officer tried to politely ask Y/n to leave the room before Y/n interrupted.

"You know I'm tired of everyone calling me Mam, call me by my goddamn name, Y/n." She gritted her teeth at the officer who nodded.

"Well miss Y/n this is a scene and-" She interrupted the officer once more, this time her tone in disgust.

"I'm aware that they're trying to do their job but this was my fucking father we're talking about." Y/n turned to face the female before pointing her finger at the lady.

"First, one of the detectives accused me of killing my father and now you're telling me I can't see what the fuck everyone is doing to my house." Y/n stormed down the stairs before the office could even open her mouth.

Y/n internally slapped herself, feeling stupid and embarrassed at herself for the way she acted. The lady was just trying to do her job yet Y/n had a lot going through her mind, much as since she's still a technical minor she has to have some sort of guardian.

Just as she ducked under the caution tape and out the door she heard a familiar voice call out for her.

"Y/N! Y/N WAIT!" She quickly turned in the direction of who called her, WILL?

Two officers tried to push Will back, explaining how no one was supposed to be on the premises. Y/n saw this and a ran over before anyone tried to arrest Will.

"What are you doing here, how did you know where I lived" Y/n embraced Will who was panting heavily.

"I-i didn't. I saw how many cop cars were here a-a-and, I guess I was just nosey." Will stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Miss Y/n do you know this man." One of the officers asked Y/n and glared at Will, to which Y/n responded. "Yes he's a former friend of mine, 4 year friendship." The officer nodded in response and left.

"Oh Y/n what happened, I came over here and saw you oh I was so worried." Will cupped her face gently, wiping any dirt that was on her face.

"Oh Will it was horrible," Y/n buried her face in Will's chest as she sobbed. "There was blood everywhere and his body was all mangled and it was just awful."

Will kissed the top of her forehead and held her gently in his arms, closing his eyes as Y/n sobbed softly.

To Y/n his hands were so warm along with his embrace. All of her energy was gone as Will held her close to him, stroking her hair.

"Miss Y/n, the chief would like to see you." An officer approached the 2 unannounced.

"Don't worry Y/n I'll be right by your side, I promise I won't leave you." Will held tightly onto Y/n's hand, kissing it before leading her to the cop car.

===At the Sheriffs Department===
"I can't believe you would accuse me of killing him, my own father!" Y/n sat in an integration room with the Sheriff and a random cop.

"Miss Y/n the autopsy stated that your father died about 2 days ago, this meaning that you either killed him or you were out of town which I believe to be an unreasonable alibi!" The Sheriff place both fist on the table, staring Y/n directly in the eye.

Will had to keep his cool from lashing out, placing him hand on Y/n's to calm both her and himself down.

"I WAS out of town how many times am I going to tell you that!" Y/n yelled back, arguing with the Sheriff who rubbed his templates.

"And who may that person be so we can get their statement!" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows yet stayed quite not wanting to tell them the truth.

"Well!" The Sheriff glared daggers at Y/n while the other cop handed both Y/n and Will a water. Will thanked the man before butting into their conversation/argument.

"Y/n was with me." Will said calmly, causing both the Sheriff and Y/n to look at Will like he had 2 heads.

"Oh really and what did you 2 do." The Sheriff asked.

"Y/n was at my place helping me take care of my dogs." Will said calmly once more causing Y/n to understand what he was trying to do.

"Is this true." The Sheriff's focus was now placed on Y/n who added to the statement.

"Yes! I walked and fed the dogs, Will said that in return for my hard work I could stay for a couple of days." Y/n said to which Will explained how he had an extra bed.

After a bit more questions it was shown that Will and Y/n were in the clear yet since Y/n didn't have a guardian or any relatives for that matter, she had to stay with Will until she graduated.

Y/n was ecstatic yet nervous to hear this information.

What about the slashers?
How would they feel about this?
Who killed her father?
What if the cops found out the truth, or worse what if Will found out the truth?