Chapter 30 Betrayal

You would think that after 4 years of hell in high school, the graduation would be fun...guess again.

Y/n scouted the area, seeing everyone sitting in their assigned seats, scrolling on their phone to probably text their friends who were a few rows behind them.

Everyone was sitting outside in the school park, the parents/guardians sitting behind the students who were about to graduate.

Y/n kept zoning off, she was so goddamn born of this ceremony that she just kept watching the clouds, contemplating the worth to live.

Nah I'm just playing assholes, she was actually just staring at the sky, realizing that it might rain some time due to the gray sky and cool air.

Will wasn't able to attend her graduation due to having to do some 'important' activities, whatever the hell that may be.

It didn't seem to bother Y/n as much as she thought it would. She knew that it was some reason for her having to be in his care 24/7.

Now that she's graduating high school she'll have to book a hotel and find a job so she can pay to get into college.

She looked up at the principal who began saying names of those to walk up and grab their diploma/degrees.

She watched as every student one at a time walked up to the stage, shook the principal hand, posed for their parents to take their photo and walked off, their friends cheering for them as they did so.

Finally enough it was Y/n's turn. She never thought it would be any worse than the silent walk up their stairs to her principal just to grab a piece of paper that determined her future.

She grabbed the paper from his hand, smiled slightly and walked down to her spot. Her hands sweaty from how uncomfortable the silence was when she walked up.

===Time Skip===

"Hey, Will do you think you could pick me up? The ceremony ended and just about everyone and their families have left." Y/n fiddled with the wife of the school phone, standing awkwardly.

"Sorry Y/n I can't I..." Y/n's eyebrows furrowed at how Will paused, she could hear him whisper something before he was back on the line.

"I...have company over so I'll book you an Uber, is that ok Y/n?" Y/n gulped down the lump in her throat, a wave of emotions flew over her as she clutched the wrapped up diploma.

"Um... yeah sure. Do you think that maybe we can watch a movie or something, you know... to celebrate?" Y/n held back her tears as she heard Will sigh over the phone

"I'm sorry Y/n not today, I'm really busy right now and when you get home we have to talk." Will's voice seemed to have cracked, like he was being caught in an act.

"Ok, you can just send the Uber to the school, I'll still be here, bye." Y/n didn't give Will the chance to say bye back, hanging the phone back up she slid down the wall.

She tucked her knees into her chest and rested her head, sighing deeply before grabbing a pebble from the blacktop, throwing it in any direction just to keep her preoccupied till her Uber arrived.