𝖠 𝖣𝖨𝖠𝖬𝖮𝖭𝖣 𝖨𝖭 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖱𝖮𝖴𝖦𝖧

"𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋." The Queens voice filled her chamber as she dressed in a tight fitted gown of gold and white that matched her mothers. It was the start of a new Season and her mother was to decide on who would be the Diamond.

"Mother," she grinned in the mirror as the maids tied up the last of her strings before bowing and leaving quickly.

"I already suspect that most of these women will not be worth my time but you," she reached her hand out and felt her daughters cheek as she smiled at her. "If only I could have you be the diamond of every season."

Anastasia shook her head, "but then young ladies like Daphne Bridgerton would not have the chance." She'd stayed up to noon with her mother about the most important of talks and the most peculiar family seemed to be the Bridgertons. "Besides, the ton already knows I'm the fairest diamond of them all."

"And right they are, now come, we must prepare for this event I don't know why I bother to plan." Anastasia let out a small laugh at her mothers words but easily matched her long strides and Charlotte realised just how much her little Anna had grown.

Her face slimmer and skin darker with arms not like a typical lady would have, they were shapely, not too much but still to an extent where you could trace a line over each muscle. She had grown taller and well spoken all without losing her gentle touch, her eyes were still wide but certainly mature, she had seen the world in her own eyes.

The dress she sported was one of the finest gowns in France she had acquired, it was unlike any of the Queens. She didn't own any dresses like hers actually, the satin was long and pooling at her feet that matched her heels, right around her middle and covering enough of her chest that revealed nothing but an outline. White and gold straps that lead to white laced in gold gloves down her arms, the Queen couldn't have adored it more.

"Little princess," the withered voice reached her ears and a smile already spread itself across her face. Her cheeks were starting to ache.

"Lady Danbury."

The elder woman couldn't stop the look of awe that spread across her face at the sight of the woman in front of her. "Look at you."

Anastasia felt a blush creep up her neck before she was embraced in a hug and warmth spread throughout her chest. "Look at you, Aunt Agatha you are a picture of health."

She pulled away and held a gentle hand on Anastasia's cheek, "and you are more beautiful than anyone could have ever imagined."

"You sound just like my mother." She said sheepishly whilst glancing around at the guards stationed at every post.

"Then it is bound to be true." Anastasia realised she couldn't have wished home more and was not planning on sailing any ship any time soon. She offered her arm to Lady Danbury and the two entered the threshold.

It also appeared that as Anastasia took her seat next to her mother with Brimsley behind her who she gave a warm smile too, which he returned tenfold. He too had given his best interest in helping the young girl, besides any of the teachers or interpreters, he was a friend.

Eyes instantly lingered on a figure and heads were turned to the front of the hall instead of the end. They knew who she was, they hadn't seen her face but they knew who she was and she was impressive.