𝖣𝖤𝖢𝖨𝖤𝖵𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖠𝖯𝖯𝖤𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖤𝖲

𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓. Many had already taken to the dance floor as Anastasia waltzed in with her mother and chaperones behind them. She was in awe at the spread of flowers and easily managed to catch sight of the waiters carrying her favourite cake, strawberries and cream. Although, Anastasia was on the hunt for something sweeter.

The Queen and her were spotted almost instantaneously by the lady of the manor as she stalked over with a bright grin that Anastasia returned.

"You look ravenous, my dear."

That much was true, her dark curls framed her face and the maroon gown she wore, from the covens of Italy, made sure she struck the crowd. A gold pair of heels presented her as a symbol of strength and beauty.

"Suitors will be lining up and down these halls," she mused but her mother didn't look impressed and rolled her eyes with a scoff under her breath.

Anastasia eyed her mother out of the corner of her eye before feeling disappointment creep up her own throat. Suitors, the word made her cringe and she found herself already searching the crowded room for a early escape, should she need it.

"Though, I fear none are worthy of my daughters hand, some are most unimpressive I find." The Queen arched an eyebrow, clear judgment retching her face as she scoured over many faces.

"Well, let us see,"Lady Danbury's tone was ambiguous and cleared her throat before she tapped her cane twice and the echo of the clang made the room still and the tons heads turn. "Your princess, my darling niece, has returned."

An applause sounded through the ballroom whilst Anastasia smiled to blank spaces in the room, careful not to give any the wrong idea.

"Let this ball and tomorrows be a honour to her and our Majesty," Lady Danbury bowed her head which Anastasia retuned. With one swift clang from her cane the music resumed and like moths to a flame men lined up at her feet.

"Princess," they praised. Each one begging for a dance with her whilst she nodded her head meekly and without out looking, she grasped at the first gloved hand she'd seen and was whisked away.

Lady Danbury and the Queen shared a glance with one another, "she has been thrown into the lions den."

Charlotte hummed a quiet laugh, "on the contrary, it is them who find themselves enraptured with a lion."

Anastasia looked up at the man's face and cringed, he was old. Thinning hair and a musky scent that enhanced as he opened his mouth to talk, "my, my you truly are the fairest of them all."

"I thank you, Lord." She ended her sentence curtly, no interest in finding out his last name and looked to the mistro and urged them with her eyes to hurry the song.

"Lord Blackburry, my princess." His clumsy foot was misplaced and he stepped on her nude toes that made her hiss. "My apologies, an old man like me needs some practice before a grand finale."

His words were suggestive and Anastasia thought she would be ill from the stench he wretched of, "excuse me, I am in need of a refreshment."