𝖢𝖱𝖴𝖤𝖫𝖳𝖸 𝖠𝖳 𝖨𝖳𝖲 𝖥𝖨𝖭𝖤𝖲𝖳

𝐓𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄. Since she had been formally introduced to the ton suitors truly had created a line that stretched from the castle doors the walls but all had been denied entry by the queen.

One glance over them from her window and she was displeased with them all but that did not stop her from accepting the most generous of gifts. Still in her dressing gown and slippers she evaded all the pollen and went to her mother.

"Mother, why have my chambers turned into a greenery?"

The Queen looked perfectly content as she held a copy of Lady Whisteldown in one hand and the other stroking one of her dogs that was nestled on her lap. "Morning dearest, those gifts are from suitors," she caught sight of the alarmed look on her daughters face, "all who have been refused."

A weight had been lifted and Anastasia crossed the threshold before slouching in the seat besides her mother. "Last night was quite excellent." She reached down for one of the small corgis and ran her hands through his fur.

Charlotte hummed as she read through Lady Whistledown with squinted eyes, "just wait for tonight, it will be the soirée of the season, I can promise you that."

Anastasia nodded along, in truth she wanted everyone to pretend she had never left but she knew how much joy it brought her mother to plan such events and played along. "Fireworks and cake?"

The queen looked over to her daughter, "as much as you desire."

She grinned brightly and looked at the paper in her hand, "what has she said this time?"

Her majesty rolled her eyes and scrunched the paper into a hall before throwing it down where the rest of the dogs tugged at it. "She claims I have lost my touch in choosing a diamond," a scoff left her as she pinched the teacup between her fingers, "but she also praises you."

Anastasia looked at her incredulously, "me?"

She hummed, "the way you conducted yourself yesterday spied an insight into how Whisitledown perceived you, which was apparently quite well."

Anastasia raised her eyebrows and threw her back against the cushions, "right," she shook her head slightly, "but do you have any idea as to whom will be your diamond?"

The Queen looked at her daughter quizzically, here she was asking a second time about an affair that she knew her daughter found no affection in. "Some, but I must say, why do you ask?"

"There was a lady who I would suggest to make a promising diamond," her mother urged her to continue, "Miss Eloise Bridgerton."

The Queen slurped on her tea almost patronisingly as she looked over the rim of her cup, "I know that girl rather well, what is your reasoning for this suggestion?"

Anastasia shrugged lightly and stood, already prepared to make a swift exit, "she is beautiful, there is no doubt about that." She thought back to how Eloise's face scrunched in annoyance, "and she appears to stick out more, unlike the other ladies," the vision of her running out of the doors in delight flashed across her mind. "I propose she be named something more endearing than a diamond, an emerald in fact."