𝖠𝖴𝖡𝖱𝖤𝖸 𝖧𝖠𝖫𝖫 𝖧𝖠𝖲 𝖳𝖤𝖭𝖲𝖨𝖮𝖭

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐔𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋. The grounds were expansive, green as far as the eye could see with no other housing near by. The manor itself was grand, it would certainly make a exquisite home for the following days until the ton were to arrive.

The footmen opened the door and she once again followed the sound of laughter and talk which lead her to two added family members than usual.

"Princess." It would forever make her smile to see the entirety of the family bow, all but Eloise who looked to her from her seat across the room, but she politely held a hand up.

"Please, you have invited me to your ancestral home, no need for such formalities," she grinned and looked to the woman who held the baby, "you must be Daphne."

The Bridgerton still curtsied with the baby in hand, "indeed I am and you of course are Anastasia, my family has talked of you, especially Eloise."

Anastasia held a twinkle in her eye as she looked to Eloise who rolled her eyes, "has she."

Violet held her stomach with a laugh that appeared disbelieving, "why, she would not have come if you were not in attendance."

Eloise groaned loudly at her family's teasing, "please stop."

"No, no please do carry on," Anastasia replied whilst letting a small smirk slip at Eloise's reddening cheeks. "And who is this?" Anastasia cooed to the little baby being held in Daphne's arms who babbled whilst staring at the princess.

"This is Augie," she handed him over to Anastasia and he appeared to brighten as he giggled in her arms, his laugh brightened the room. Eloise's heart swelled at the sight of Anastasia with a baby but it only seemed to leave doubt in its wake. Eventually, no matter what Anastasia promised her she would find a man, have children, rare a family, she wouldn't need Eloise.

"Oh, you are just the sweetest little thing," she cooed once more.

Francesca and Haycinth seemed to crowd round her like her eldest children in awe at how the baby was by her presence. "Eloise, come and hold the baby."

The girl had never shook her head so fast, "might I remind you he wouldn't stop crying for five minutes after I did."

Anastasia rolled her eyes at her ignorance and made her way over with the baby nestling into her shoulder, "perhaps that was because you were holding him like a doll instead of a child." Eloise went to protest but the baby was already being passed into her arms and she copied the way Anastasia had held him moments ago.

"That's it," the princess pressed a gentle hand on the low of Eloise's back whilst she scratched at his stomach that made him squirm in delight. "See, natural."

"Wow," Benedict sounded from the room, "she actually listens." It seemed he wasn't the only member of the family to notice as Daphne and Violet looked between one another. Eloise scrunched her nose up in distaste at her brother before looking back to the princess.