𝖠 𝖯𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖦𝖨𝖥𝖳

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐒.

"Mother, I would like to promenade, will you join me?" Anastasia poised as she fitted the globes onto her fingers and was already turning back round as she saw her mother perched on the sofa with pamphlets of Whistledown, pictures of young ladies and one in her hand. She eyed her daughter wordlessly over the paper and Anastasia sighed loudly, "never mind."

"There is something you can do, dear." The queen perked her head up from the words on the page. "Instead of a promenade Miss Eloise should come here."

Anastasia was more than thrilled at her mothers request but it seemed a confused frown fitted her face at the look from her mother. "Not for you, child though within doubt I will hear her steps up and down the halls as she stays at ungodly hours." Charlotte mused cockily and Anastasia kicked the carpet under her foot with her cheeks turning red, "I require Miss Bridgerton's expertise, go fetch her form me."

"Yes, mother." She huffed unknowing wether to be delighted or slightly disappointed that she would not receive all of Eloise's attention to herself. "Make haste, please I should like at least a minute of the ladies time to myself." She grumbled to the driver whom hid a smile at her attitude before making double time with the horses.

As she arrived to the Bridgerton's manor the atmosphere within the house was unlike the fruitful and warm air that greeted her as she entered. It was dejected, a longing embedded through the walls and a deep rooted sadness at a failed wedding and a unrequited desire for love. She sensed the viscount was amidst and as she entered the drawing room she was greeted with the entire family except the very girl she came to see.

"Good day, Brdgerton's," the princesses voice coaxed them out of whatever silent trance they were in and they were all to their feet in an instant.

"Princess Anastasia," they went to bow but a gentle laugh pardoned them.

"There is no need for the formalities, you have all been so kind to me since my journey back," smiled went to the room and her eyes locked to Daphne. "Her grace herself," the Duchess let out a grin as their eyes met, "forgive me but I thought you were leaving after Aubrey Hall."

Daphne walked in front of her and they gripped one another hands tightly, she could feel the girls nerves through her touch. "On the contrary, I couldn't leave knowing a very good friend of mine would be left to defend herself against, Eloise."

Anastasia let out another laugh before keeping the girl on her arm to her right, "but I was hoping that Miss Eloise is about, is she?"

"Unfortunately not, princess," Violet sounded disappointed that her daughter was not here, "she is attending a lecture with Penelope on flower arranging."

Anastasia arched a brow and caught Benedict's gaze over her shoulder who gave her the same expression, Eloise would be caught dead attending such a thing.

"I see," Anastasia mused but she chewed on her lip in agitation, she knew where she was and she went without her to see him. "I shall not burden you with my presence any longer, I shall call another time." She squeezed Daphne's arm before going for the door, a stomp in her step and a will to drag Eloise back to the castle.