𝖯𝖨𝖳𝖨𝖥𝖴𝖫 𝖶𝖮𝖤𝖲

𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐒, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒. She sat with the poem Eloise had written and the smitten look had not yet rid itself from her face. As her eyes trailed over the words once more they never failed in projecting a reaction from her, each time felt anew and she welcomed the tenderness of the locutions.

"Your Grace." Daphne greeted kindly which Anastasia returned, "may I?" She pointed to the seat across from her and Anastasia nodded eagerly.

It was quiet between them, the fluttering of birds and whispers of trees filled the silence between them. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Daphne turning to look at her before staring at the scenery and back to the princess.

"Do you need something, Miss Bridgerton?" Daphne appeared bashful as she was caught and sighed aloud before nodding slightly.

"How is it you and my sister became friends?"

Daphnes query made Anastasia arch an eyebrow, was this an interrogation or simply a wonder into her sisters private life.

"I only ask because well, my sister has only ever really had one friend and yet you appear to be even closer to her than Penelope."

This comment made Anastasia look to the paper in her hand with a smile that Daphne took note of. "Your sister is certainly a far cry from any of the other ladies I have ever met but that reason as such is why I find her so admirable." Daphne watched as a shine glazed over Anastasia's eyes and her mouth nearly dropped at how she spoke of her sister with such passion. "She is not afraid to speak her mind, that much I'm sure you know," a laugh was shared between the two, "she fears not for the opinions of other, her way thinking may be crass at times but she means well, she prefers biography's over any other book and I find that captivating, she sees the world in such a way that adverses all social standards, she's very-"

Anastasia abruptly stopped speaking as she realised the tangent she had gone on although Daphne was staring at her with such profound adoration. "I apologise, I appear to have drowned on."

The Bridgerton licked her lips to his the smile that threatened to spread, this princess was enraptured with her sister. "Nonsense, it is rare to hear someone speak so highly of my sister but alas, I am grateful that she had you as such a close companion."

Anastasia gave a nod to her, winning her approval mattered, although she had earned it the moment Eloise gushed to them about her.

"You truly are a remarkable woman, Daphne, I now thoroughly understand why my mother chose you to be the seasons diamond."

"I thank you, princess Anastasia."

"Please," she stood and came to sit besides her with a easy grin, "call me Anna."

The two fell into a eruptions laughter and discussed the season that Anastasia was not present for in length. Especially the idea that Daphne could have married her cousin and they would have been family in-laws. Though, as she talked of her husband, who had to stay home due to matters of business, Anastasia noted how Daphne would suddenly mention Eloise's name.