71 | CHAPTER

AFTER A WEEK.

Shrivi and the baby came home from the hospital yesterday. Today it's a baby naming ceremony. Everyone got ready for the function. The Panthulu Garu also came. He is arranging everything for Puja.

Saraswati Devi Garu. Call the couple. Panthulu Garu said. Okay. Panthulu Garu. Shrivi Shriyan. She calls them. They come there with the baby. Saraswati Devi takes the baby from Shrivi. Shrivi and Shriyan sit down. After they sat Saraswati Devi gave back the baby to Shrivi.

Everyone sat for the Ceremony. This ceremony is happening with family and friends. With a simple decoration in the house. Everyone sat around and the couple sat in the middle with the baby. Panthulu Garu is performing the pooja.

After the pooja.

Now it's time to name the baby. So as I said the name letter should start with S. Did anyone select the name? Panthulu Garu spoke. Haa Panthulu Garu. We did. Shriyan replies. Okay then give her to her Mana Athaya. Panthulu Garu said. Shriyan and Shrivi got up from their place and Sanvi & Vicky sat in their place with the baby.

Babu. First, write the name on this plate. Panthulu Garu says.

The name of the child is written on a bronze plate that has grains (mostly rice) spread evenly on it.

Ammayi. Now. Tell her name four times in her right ear. Sanvi says her name in her right ear four times. Ammayi. Now say the name out. Panthulu Garu said.

The Baby's Name..... Is.... Shivika. Sanvi announced. Everyone claps.
The family members then repeat and chant after the priest and accept the name of the child formally.

Post this ritual, the baby is blessed by family members and friends of the family.

Babu Now put the baby in the cradle. Panthulu Garu said. Okay. Panthulu Garu. They got up from his place and went near the cradle and put Shivika. in the cradle. Sanvi waves the cradle three times.

This is for you, my little princess. Saraswati Devi wore her a gold chain.  You're smiling. Saraswati Devi kissed her on her forehead. Parthap Vintha Arundhati and Vikas come there.

Maa. Our turn. Parthap said. Hmm. Come. Saraswati Devi moves aside. Bangaram. See what that took and came for you. Parthap shows a gold bracelet to her. She smiles seeing him.
He wore it to her wrist. This is from another Thataya. Vikas puts a ring on a small finger.

Mamaya this is too much. She doesn't need anything from you all. She just needs your blessings. Shrivi says. Haa Nanna. Shriyan says.

You both keep quiet. We give our blessings and gifts to our small Laxmi. My little princess. Saraswati Devi says. Haa maa Is right. Parthap and Vikas said.

After them, Vintha Arundhati gave her big teddy bears. Gayatri and Prakash gave her property papers. Tharun and Satya gave her the car keys. Pallavi and her husband gifted her a cradle.

( I know this is too much but Even a little of this is not there means it won't be good enough. Because she is a little laxmi devi of the Varajapati family. )

This is from Athaya and Mamaya. Vicky wears a gold chain to the baby.
Ashvik and Nandin gifted her a car. Every guest came and offered their gifts to her and blessed her with their blessings. The ceremony is completed.

That Evening.

IN SHRIVAN'S ROOM.

Shriyan is lying beside the shivika and watching her. She is sleeping. While she is sleeping she holds his ring finger. He smiled at her. Seeing her sleeping peacefully. She looks so cute. Her fluffy cheeks make her look more cute.