HIS SMILE

"Wah~ What a pretty view!", squealed an excited Sunoo, cherishing the passing view while sitting in the bus

"Wah~ What a pretty view!", squealed an excited Sunoo, cherishing the passing view while sitting in the bus. "For real, hyung.", responded Ni-Ki. "Hey, look there!", he added, pointing at a flowing river which shined under the embrace of the warm sun.

The winter months were cold but they felt amazingly cozy, no doubt and especially with a view like this. The warmth filled the bus with everyone singing songs. However, a particular spot was rather still and cold. Heeseung and Jake had been forced by fate to sit together, making it extremely awkward between the duo. Maybe, even the God's were against the silent dispute that had sparked between them.

They hadn't spoken a word to each other since the last blow out in the room and Jake was seemingly trying to avoid Heeseung at all costs which caused the other to ache even more. He felt incomplete and alone with no one to talk to even when he was surrounded by six other people, out of which a certain one had tried to exchange seats with Jay.

"'Cause I, I, I'm in the stars tonight, so watch me bring the fire and set the night alight...", jammed Ni-Ki to his favourite song by none other than their beloved sunbae-nims, BTS. Much like the scene in I-LAND, he grabbed a plate and started banging it with a metal spoon.

(Yeah right

(Yeah right...this crap shit.)

"Yah, Ni-Ki, my ears hurt. Stop!", shrieked Jay, covering his ears but the cries from the poor boy went down the drain. The metal banged, putting a long yet much needed pause to the silence between Heeseung and Jake. "Jake...", Heeseung finally spoke as the younger jolted and looked into his direction at the sudden call out.

"Y-Yes?", his voice quivered. "It's still an hour till we reach. You can sleep on my shoulder.", the elder added. "No, I'm not sleepy, hyung.", the latter responded with little to no zeal in his tone. "I saw you dozing off just now. Cut the crap and sleep.", Heeseung demanded, forcefully putting Jake's head on his right shoulder and they younger accepted his defeat without much effort, much to the former's delight.

They reached Dan-yang, after a long and tiresome road trip as one after the other, the boys spilled out of the bus before dashing to the living room. They plopped on the sofa with a tired sigh and Jay asked, "Who's sharing a room with who? I heard we have four rooms."

Sunghoon pulled Sunoo on his lap and spoke, "We're out. You guys decide." and pecked his boyfriend on the cheek causing him to blush. Ni-Ki teased him with a mysteriously suspicious face which just worsened his situation. All this while, Heeseung was caught staring at his favourite junior who was seen staring lovingly at the pronounced couple.

"Jungwon...share the room with me, yeah?", asked Jay, a certain timidness visible in his voice earning a shy nod from the group's leader. "I'm going solo. Enjoy, y'all.", Ni-Ki snoozed before yawning and booking towards his room. "Okay, Heeseung hyung and Jake will share the room then?", asked Jay, silently winking at his best friend but got no response in return, putting him on edge. "See you in the evening.", announced Jungwon as everyone went to check out their respective rooms.

Heeseung entered after Jake who fell on the bed, before letting out an exhausted sigh. "Jake...", the elder paused, calling out to the younger. "I can ask Ni-Ki to switch with me if you got a problem with me sharing a room with you.", he mumbled, unwillingly. "No, it's fine.", and after a long week of avoidance and escaping, he finally received a smile from Jake which melted his heart. "Are...you...sure?", he re-enquired earning an enthusiastic nod for himself.

"Screw this shit.", Heeseung cursed before hugging the life out Jake who just giggled as they both fell flat on the bed, choking each other. It was as if they were competing against each other, that who could fucking hug the soul out harder. The room filled up with laughters and giggles and deep inside, Heeseung finally felt at ease again in Jake's company.

_______________________________

I swear I love them😭