5| Upcoming Storm

Rudra Pratap Singh awoke with a start, his heart pounding

His chambers, magnificently adorned with silks and golden lamps, felt suffocating.

The morning sun bathed the palace in a warm, golden light, illuminating the intricately carved pillars and grand arches that adorned the hall.

The court of Aryavarta was filled with the somber presence of Rudra's ministers and courtiers, each one standing in solemn anticipation of the king's command.

Among them, shackled and disheveled, stood a man who was once a king himself—a former ally and friend turned traitor.

Rudra, the mighty king of Aryavarta, entered the court with an unyielding pace. His presence commanding attention, his aura a mix of authority and profound anger.

Today was a day of reckoning, a day when justice would be served for a dreadful betrayal.

Rajendra, the former king, had been caught red-handed in a despicable act.

He had been abducting women from the kingdom of Aryavarta and selling them to wealthy men in distant lands.

This deceitfulness struck a deep chord of anger and disappointment in Rudra's heart, for Rajendra had been like a brother to him. The betrayal was not just political; it was personal.

"Rajendra," Rudra's voice boomed through the hall, echoing off the marble walls, "you were like a brother to me. How could you betray my trust and dishonor the women of Aryavarta?"

Rajendra, his head bowed in shame, dared not meet Rudra's gaze.

His once regal bearing was now reduced to a pitiful display of desperation and regret. "I... I was desperate," he stammered, his voice barely a whisper. "My kingdom... we needed the gold..."

"Silence!" Rudra's eyes blazed with fury, cutting through Rajendra's feeble excuses. "Your greed has cost you your life."

With a swift signal from Rudra, the slaughterer stepped forward, his blade gleaming in the morning light.

The court watched in silent horror as the blade fell, severing Rajendra's head from his body. The head rolled across the floor, leaving a trail of blood that stained the previously spotless marble.

The silence that followed was deafening, the air thick with the scent of blood and the heavy weight of betrayal.

Rudra stood motionless, his heart heavy with sorrow and anger. The court too, was frozen in shock, grappling with the swift and brutal justice that had just unfolded before them.

As the reality of the situation settled in, Rudra turned to his ministers and courtiers, his voice firm and unwavering.

"Let this be a lesson to all," he declared. "Betrayal will not be tolerated in Aryavarta. We will protect our people and uphold justice, no matter the cost."