Chapter Fifteen

*Cough* there was a follower that held me at gunpoint to make this chap *cough*

—First Person POV.—

It's a warm, sunny day—the kind that makes the scales along my body glisten like polished gemstones.

I'm swimming beneath the willow tree where a familiar human has decided to perch himself—body comfortably nestled among the branches just out of my reach.

I can see his leg dangling over the edge of his seated position, bobbing slightly in time with some silent and untimely rhythm only he can hear.

And figuring he's distracted enough with whatever he's doing, my spinal quills drag through the waters surface like a sharks-dorsal fin as a grin fell across my expression—hands planting down on the softened grounds as I sink.

With a harsh push, my tail thrusts downwards—simultaneously pushing off the lakebed and propelling myself upwards.

There's an audible splash as my body shoots up from the water, webbed hands outstretched upwards and determined eyes set on my current mission.

Drag Aizawa into the depths.

My fingers brush against his ankle but with an equally as swift motion—he kicks his leg up and out of my grasp, leaving me to fall back into the water with a crash.

Mission: failed.

My head re-emerges from the depths, body twisting onto my back "Hey!" I call up, squinting against the sun as I leisurely float—eyes casted upwards to watch him.

The man doesn't make an attempt to respond, instead he just lets his head lean back against the tree trunk—eyes simply shut in a peaceful manner.

A deadpan had fallen across my expression, lazily batting my tail to shift me through the waters surface.

The willow tree's long, wispy branches hang down, creating a veil of green that grazes my shoulders when I accidentally move too close to the border—briefly tugging my attention away to notice its dance in the gentle breeze, casting glistening reflections and dappled shadows all around.

After a few minutes of just sitting there, taking in my surroundings, and going through a few stages of silent contemplation—my brain is able to conjure up an idea.

My gaze narrows up on the resting man and I slowly sink beneath the water, eliciting a flurry of stray bubbles as a snicker escapes my lips.

When I was fully submerged, I shifted through the current—hands falling to the muddy-ground and finally deeming one part as the right spot.

The waters ripple overhead with my movement, slightly blurring the branches above but otherwise letting me get in position before pushing off of the lakebed.