Chapter one

One month.

One month until Lucy would leave Sacramento and be forced to confront a major issue in her life. Tim Bradford.

He hadn't reached out at all since the day she accepted UC school, their last interaction being him telling her to go. All she remembered from that day was Tim practically pushing her away and saying that he regretted what happened that night.

The night where he came in after they pretended to be Jake and Sava. Tim blamed it as a spur of the moment thing - but it wasn't like that for Lucy.

She decided not to say anything further that may damage whatever relationship they had remaining, instead running off to Sacramento to avoid contact.

There wasn't any contact anyways, not that she would admit it but she secretly hoped he hadn't meant what he said and would talk to her.

Lucy's goal tonight was to forget all about Tim, spending the night at a bar with the new friends she made.

Her plan had been working, until it hadn't.

After a few too many drinks, the group ended up drunkenly stumbling down the dim lit streets late at night. As they passed a small pharmacy, one of the girls had suggested that they all take a pregnancy test for fun.

Lucy was too intoxicated to protest and there was no harm in it, right?

They all ended up at Lucy's hotel because it was the closest, each taking turns in the bathroom. There was no chance any of them could be pregnant - I mean they drank their body weight in alcohol a few hours prior.

It was time to play the waiting game. At that point, the majority of the girls had passed out on Lucy's couch. Noah and Lucy were the only ones who held their eyes open, creating small talk whilst they waited for the tests to finish.

Lucy checked the time and it had been well past 3 minutes so she headed towards the counter to check her pregnancy test.

She let out a small chuckle, there was no way she could've been pregnant.

Noah came up behind her, eager to see the results as well. She flipped the stick over and her jaw dropped. "Well? What does it say?" Noah questioned, attempting to get a better look.

Lucy couldn't form a thought, let alone let out a coherent sentence. The last thing she saw before her legs gave out were two pink lines on the test.

Positive.