Chapter eight

Week one

Day 1.

Jake and Sava's house was nice, no doubt bought from the money they've stolen over the years. Lucy wondered how long she and Tim would have to stay there for, considering the fact that she looked like she could pop at any minute.

Neither Tim nor Lucy brang up what had happened the other night, acting as if nothing had happened the next morning.

They did a walk through of the house together, stopping short at the main bedroom. Lucy prayed that there were at least two beds- but much to her dismay, there was only one.

The other bedroom had been turned into a nursery, and the spare one into a walk in closet. Lucy shouldn't have been as surprised as she was, after all they were living in a house that was owned by people who can't keep their hands off of eachother.

Tim seemed to notice her shock, "I could take the couch if you want?"

"No, It's fine. We're both adults, right?"

Tim agreed and left the room to bring their suitcases up, Lucy's calm façade dropping after he walked out of the door. She had just agreed to sharing a bed with Tim  Bradford. Evidence as to what happened the last time they slept together was currently inside of her.

He was right, they were both adults and they could stay on their respective sides of the bed without any funny business.

This undercover operation was going to be the end of Lucy.

Day 2.

The fridge had barely any food, not enough for Tim and Lucy to survive off of for a week. After confirming with Nyla, they were able to set out for a trip to the grocery store to get some essentials.

Creating a shopping list together, Lucy and Tim found the location of the nearest store and devised a plan.

Lucy pushed the shopping cart, mindlessly wandering through aisles while she waited for Tim to buy items from the deli. She spotted a box of cookies that she had a sudden craving for, her fingers barely brushing the shelf.

Reaching up on her tiptoes, Lucy still wasn't able to reach the item she wanted. Sighing in annoyance and determined to bring the cookies home with her, she tried one last time.

Lucy almost accepted defeat, it wasn't until she felt someone behind her - arm brushing against her own to grab the cookies. She sunk back down onto her feet and turned around, preparing a verbal attack because that was the last box.

A pair of blue eyes stared back at her, Lucy's words being caught in her throat.

"You wanted these?" Tim created some distance between them by holding out the box.

"I could've gotten it on my own." Lucy retorted.

"Yeah, because you were definitely close to getting it."

"I don't need your help, Jake."

"Then maybe I should put it back, Sava."

"No! Don't ever get between a pregnant woman and her food."

Their banter continued for what seemed like hours, both of them forgetting they were in a very public area.

They were stopped by a small voice, both of them turning their heads in the direction of the noise. It was an elderly lady, holding a small basket of snacks.

"Aren't you two just the cutest! I remember when me and my husband were like that." she cooed.

Tim and Lucy realised where they were and what they were doing, Tim instinctively wrapping his arm around her waist.