1

On February seventeenth of two thousand four, Daryl Dixon, he became a father to a beautiful baby girl.

Daryl Dixon didn't plan to be a father, not that he never wanted to be a father, but he just didn't have a way with kids and who would have though that Daryl would have a kid of his own?

The mother, Bethany, was unstable to take care of her baby, so when the baby was born, Bethany and Daryl had agreed to sign a document and agree that Daryl would be the sole guardian of the baby.

Bethany would still have visitation rights and her name would still be on the birth certificate but she wouldn't be in the baby's life as much as she would like, though she knew it was what's best for the little girl.

Daryl and Bethany had a great relationship. Yes, there were moments of arguments, but what relationship doesn't? They were no longer together though as she had broke things off, saying it was better for them to be just friends, both didn't plan for a baby, but when it happened, they both loved the baby instantly once she was born.

"Daryl Dixon?"

He looked up, and the nurse smiled at him, "You are asked for by the mother to see the baby, come on in."

Daryl felt a smile wanting to appear on his face. Once he walked into the room, he let that smile come out.

There Bethany was, laying in the hospital bed with a small baby in her arms. She heard Daryl walk in and smile at him, "Come on, come look at 'er. She's so beautiful."

Daryl did, and he could've swore. This was the most happiest he's ever been in his whole life.

When he saw this little girl, he promised himself that he would do his damn best to make sure this little girl would have a childhood that he never had.

To have a good life.

To have a loving family.

"What's 'er name?" Bethany asked.

Daryl looked at the little baby. He had a few names in mind, but one of them stuck with him the most.

"Rin. Rin Maddison Dixon."

Bethany smiled at him, then smiling at Rin, "Beautiful name, Daryl." She said softly.

The two continue to admire their new daughter until Rin whimpers a little before crying fully, Bethany let's out a 'Aww' before gently bouncing her but this made Rin cry more, Bethany sighs before handing her off to Daryl who was absolutely clueless but soon softly quiets her.

A nurse comes in and smiles at the two, "Is someone a fussy baby?" The nurse coos then looks at Daryl, "Here, I'll show you how to change her."

Huh? Change her...?

Daryl sniffed the air before scrunching his face in disgust. Oh yeah, Rin definitely needed a change.

Daryl had found that taking care of a newborn was a lot harder than people said it would be. Him not being a kid person made it more tough. Though he had his brother to help him, it was definitely worth it.

Bethany had to stay in the hospital for a few more days to recover from the birth, and Daryl could take Rin back with him a day before Bethany was released.

They already told the doctor after Rin was born who was going to raise her. Daryl was told what to get for the baby and what kind of milk to give her, as babies mostly drink milk from their mother's.

A few days went by pretty quickly, and Daryl was absolutely exhausted. He was very tired, but seeing Rin always made his day better.

Merle had been staying with Daryl to help him with the baby. Ever since Daryl had Rin, Merle was in his process of getting clean. Daryl told him specifically that he was not allowed near Rin if he was doing drugs, and Merle had made some process.

Some days, he'll smoke a bit, but that's when he'd be outside the house or in the living room where Rin would be napping in her crib.

One day, Merle was left in charge of Rin as Daryl was called in in the bike shop.

Merle was smoking in the living room as usual, with Rin playing in her little pen. Merle was obsessed with Rin. She was just too cute to not admire at.

He was the uncle who would spoil the kid and let them get away with things that the parents would never. Even though she was just born. Rin had Merle wrapped around her little finger.

Rin had Daryl wrapped around her little finger.

Rin all of a sudden let's out a cry, startling Merle in the process, "Awe, what's the matter, little girlie?"

Merle got up and put out his cigarette before going to Rin and picking her up, "Are ya hungry? Are ya stinky? What is it?"

Rin's only response was a louder cry, making Merle cringe at the volume.

Man, if only babies could talk.

Merle sighs and goes to the fridge where all the milk was stored, he didn't know though, that he was supposed to heat up the milk to an appropriate temperature and wait for it to cool, but instead the milk was slightly hot after the bottle was taken out of the microwave and was put in a bottle to feed Rin.

Rin only cried more, and Merle groans, "Come on girlie, ya need some food in ya."

Rin, the best she could, pushed away the bottle and turned away. How the hell does Daryl do this? He makes it look so easy!

"Rin, come on, yer not dyin' now. Drink up!" Merle said, his voice rising an inch.

Merle sighs and gives up as Rin tries to push away and holds her up more to sniff her diaper, and she is clean. She had to be hungry. What else was there?

Maybe she just wanted to be held? That could be it!

"Does my girlie just wanna be held? Is that it?" Merle asked the crying Rin, just in case. He grabbed the bottle and went back to his seat on the lazy boy, and held Rin close to him.

Rin's crying was calming down, and she looked up to her Uncle Merle, who was making goofy faces to make her laugh. It only got him a blank stare from Rin.

"Ah, come on, not even a pity laugh?" Merle chuckled.

It's still a blank stare.

Merle sighs dramatically, "I suppose I ain't funny then... At least ya calmed down now." He smiled.